Thumbs Up or Down?

Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM

Having lived in Alaska for many years, I love and admire everything about the state. That includes my family who still call Alaska home and Sarah Palin. She was a great mayor and Gov.
She loves God, her state, her family, her country and veterans.
She is strong, Alaska requires strength, and she is honest and she thinks we all deserve to keep this wonderful country we call America for our children and grandchildren. There is not a selfish
bone in her body, and she is not allergic to hard work and if she turns that into keeping America free and strong OO-RAH for her
and the man supporting her, Todd. I'll do what I can to help!

AMERICA IS NOT ALWAYS PERFECT BUT IT IS STILL THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THIS WORLD!! I have lived in and visited others.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

My DH and I love the show. It is so interesting that the time literally flies. We look forward to seeing the show each sunday. She is a true Patriot. She honors her family, country, veterans and God.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:20 PM

I happen to like her political views, but don't care for the show at all. I watched 2 episodes and that's it for me.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by hospicenurse
I turned the channel after she and her daughter beat the fish to death with a bat.
They didn't beat the fish to death with a bat, they stunned it, which sometimes have to be done on a boat with large fish. They can swipe you a good one - very humane.

Personally, I like Sarah Palin. She is a good woman. I like what she stands for, politically or on the home front. She is a good mother (remembering that all of us are human and what we teach our children sometimes goes in one ear and out the other). I learned that from my mother. She loves her state as I love my state, Minnesota. She loves her family and she brings food to the table. In Alaska they bring food via hunting for it. I clean fish, pheasant, deer and bring it to our table too. I think I would really like her as a friend.

I also think that Kate is a spoiled rotten little brat! And I think it all started when she decided she could do anything. She does not have the mettle that Sarah has. I loved Jon and Kate and I don't think I will watch Kate plus Ei8ht anymore. But I sure will watch Sarah. She knows a lot about her state, she is a fantabulous representative for her state and any state would be proud to have her as a teacher, representative/senator/spokesperson/president, whatever she wants to be and thinks she could be to better our country. God knows it isn't doing too well as it is now! So I will continue to watch and enjoy Sarah Palin's Alaska.

With that said, I can't wait for the next episode. The scenery is gorgeous, the dialog is so humorous and so loving and just darn fun to watch. Edie
I agree with you and I guess we are the odd person out here. The photography in this show is awesome. I love Sarah and I love Alaska. I think she has done a great job sharing her state with us. And she did have Alaskans on her shows, like her husband's family and her own children. Not all Alaskans are Native Americans. We have been to Alaska and plan another trip in 2012.
You are not odd people out. Many of us feel the same way. no matter if you agree with her politics, she certainly is real and honest. and that's more than I can say for most who are in the government. Now about Alaska, My DH was stationed there and he loves the show. He keeps telling me things about when he was there. You know,if you go to the store and buy some fish or anything else for a meal, someone had to provide it. Those people who pioneered this country and still do in Alaska, are the reason we have it so good now. I love her and the show.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 PM

I recorded a few episodes--I rather liked it!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Dot

Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Well...I like Sarah Palin and would much rather watch her show than any of those Hollywood weirdo reality shows that show them doing nothing but shopping, primping, boozing it up, and making money being immoral, obnoxious idiots.
At least she is showing off her State, which seems to be really beautiful, and a little bit of her life. Oops, better get off the soapbox....Merry Christmas everybody!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:53 PM

I find PDS immensely entertaining. Please let me know when they make a reality show out of that!

My bf spent part of his childhood in Alaska and I dreamed of living there as a child. It's our retirement destination. I'll watch the show when it hits Netflix.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I think we are harsher on female politicians than we are on male politicians. Had Sarah been a man, I doubt she would get as much criticism as she does. I admire her as a WOMAN, regardless of her voice or her political views.

I rarely hear men or women complaining about a man's voice, yet we attack a woman for something she CANNOT change. Women seem to be her worst critics.

Her show is not about politics. She is showing off her state and how beautiful it is. Because she is the most famous Alaskan right now, who better than to promote her state? I bet tourism in Alaska will skyrocket this next summer because of the show. My parents watch her show and are already planning a trip. Not because of Sarah, but because of the incredible beauty of the state that this show portrays.

I agree. Look at Eleanor Burn's voice yet people go all over to see her. And as a woman she has done a lot for all of us quilter's, man or woman. I do not hold a person's voice against them. It is what they were born with & they cannot help it. I love the scenery in this show & DH & I are planning on going to Alaska next Summer. My DH has gone to the North Slope to work one January 8 yrs ago. Since then, we have wanted to tour that State. Now I sure do. I did think Kate was very rude on the Show. I would never be so rude or ungrateful! I wondered what in the world did she expect? Jeez! But I do love nature & scenery & my DH has fished & hunted so that is right up my alley. Shoot I love to fish. LOL
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 AM

Yes, I've been watching the show and I really like it, I get to see Alaska. I also get to see now really down to Earth Sarah is and that she's not as dumb as they make her out to be. Those that do not like her should look in the mirror.