Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Up at 3:45 and I blame menopause >

Up at 3:45 and I blame menopause

Up at 3:45 and I blame menopause

Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
:-( :-( I don't think they ever really go away :lol: :lol:
You're right about that.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

I find if I get to bed before 10 I can usually sleep, not always all night, I usually never have problems sleeping 2 nights in a row. The worse thing is to fall sound asleep for about 20-30 minutes, wake up and not go back to sleep before 2 and have to get up at 5:45, I do that lots of times.
I'm on 4 medications and won't try any natural remedies, some don't mix well.
I only have an ocassional hot flash, body temp. feels higher than when I was younger, weight is up too and might be why. Brain fog is not good.
My neck gets red, a lady told me that is from hormones my body still makes, Grands use to think it meant I was mad. I couldn't link it to anything. I'm going to be 65 in a few days, heat ups are getting less, never had night sweats.
Ever notice when you get real cold, a hot flash or heat up never occurs? Early 40s - about 48 or so was the bad moods period for me, Hubby and kids never tried to help, heard about menopause but thought I should be able to act normal. HAHA. Men do go through Menopause, get hard of hearing,need reading glasses, other changes, hair growing out ears,nose, etc. Some divorce old wife and get a young gal and sports car and doesn't make any sense at all. Mine didn't do that and thats a good thing.
I guess menopause is better than the alternative.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Has anyone here heard of the oil Udos Choice? I first heard of it when the hot flushes were mighty. I started taking it on a Monday and by the Friday of that week - no more power surges! Have passed this onto all my friends with great results. I sailed through those years - me and Udo that is! :lol:
Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

yep, 10 years plus here. sorry.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:05 PM

This oil has evening primrose oil in it. Which is probably why it helped you. Evening primrose oil is very good for menopause. I take a Female Cap. Buy it at the health food store. Helped stop the hot flashes. The brain and sleep are still a problem.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
Ermma Bombeck once said that it wasn't menopause that kept you from sleeping, it was the fact that by the time it hit, we had forgotten how to sleep because of husbands, kids and life in general because the only way we can get it all done is to do it after everyone else is asleep!!! Seriously, try wild yam cream. My doc gave it to me and it worked wonders.
What did you use the wild yam cream on? chocolate ice cream smothered on warm brownies?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

I had a c/h almost 7 yrs ago. I could not take replacement treatment. I don't sleep because back pain. I am crabby now because of pain. so I guess I cant win for losing. God bless. Penny
Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM

What is "yam cream?" Anyway, I used to complain about all these things. Now I'm going to be 79 and I'm just so happy to still be here that I'm glad I can still feel something and still have my mind. They say God never gives us more than we can handle, but at one point I wished He had shared more of these things with the men!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM

I was "pre-menopausal" at 46. At 48 I was into it...and I luckily did not have really severe symptoms. I have always been a sound sleeper, so the few times I woke up early (middle of the night?) or could not go to sleep, I took Tylenol PM and went right to sleep. That lasted for a few months. The hot flashes were annoying, but never super-bad. I guess I had a pretty easy time of it. Pre-menopause weight - 145. Weight now (several years after) 190. Several attempts to lose the weight resulted in loss of approximately 3 pounds after a full two weeks of exercising and dieting. After that, I say life is too short to give up the food I love. So, if I'm going to be 190, then that's what I am going to be. I bought bigger clothes!! :-)