Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 10-12-2016, 09:11 PM

I got my UFO done today. Pattern is from Designs by juju. I love her designs and prices.
Attached Thumbnails 20161012_212622.jpg  
Old 10-12-2016, 09:48 PM

Juanita....its such a cute quilt....really very very nice....Great job....I am not familiar with the site you mention but I am sure going to check it...you really inspired me with this quilt....
Old 10-13-2016, 03:14 AM

I used a wash away stabilizer, make sure the bobbin thread matches the top thread. I would not use a design that is dense in stitches.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:15 AM

Wow, this is a great thread! I have a Brother Dream Machine, a Babylock Ellisimo Gold II. I use the DIME Professional Embroidery Suite, Embrillance Essentials (lettering is fantastic with this one). I have been embroidering since 1992. Love it! Recently I learned how to embroider on toilet paper. For some reason I can't seem to upload a picture ! Will try later on my PC, it may be the iPad being weird again!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:40 AM

Yes the embrilliance is fantastuc in many aspects but it won,t convert a format ...when I was using the paint brush, I had more posibilities when it comes to converting ( in my case its JEF).... But Mac doesn,t have paint brush..so I bough the essentials and the enthusiast ( bith from embrilliance) and I was told that I need to buy the whole program if I want to convert......its very expensive and I am just not sure hiw far I want to get....I am embroudering for fun and myself........IF and when I will buy the rest of embrilliance it will be for the challenge of keeping learning something new......( like we wrote with quilting goat above in here) right now I still don,l know if I can split a design....and if I can,t so may be I will ned a whole new machine....its endless.......I do envy you for having these wonderful expensive machines......They do not carry them in here.....so even if and when I will buy one ( I was considering seriously the dream weaver.....its a wonderful machine) ....I will have no where to take it for a service...or if somethung will go wrong with it.....its too much money just to risk......
............thank you for the tip about the thread......
Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 AM

Has anyone embroidered (successfully) on Minky? If so, how did you do it (stabilizers, etc.)?
Old 10-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Banned

Minky really isn't any harder to embroider on than fleece. Just make sure you don't stretch it when hooping. I use poly mesh for a light design and float a tear away for a more dense design. Use a wss on top to keep the stitches from sinking, and if you're doing lettering a wider font is preferred.

Cari
Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Thank you for replying.....I have a question for you bout the Janome350e....The build in designs are not coming out too great...(loops and etc....) I know its not the machine since it works fine on Emblimbrery site ( they are really great ) and I did try to play with the tension and clean the machine and use new needle.....it happens only with the build it designs.... ,,,the dealers are not an option because of the distance....
i am really trying to figure out how to post a pic from the mac.....So I would be able to show you what I am working on.....its a quilted small bag and I decided to add the embroidery.....
another question is , did you ever try to split a design with this machine??? I am trying to figure that out....
You are lucky to have these three machines..!!!! the more toys, the better...LOL
Ania I don't think I've used any of the built in designs except for letters so I don't really know. Loops can be caused by a number of things. Sticky stabilizer gumming up the needle, wrong tension, threads getting caught somewhere, wrong stabilizer for the fabric, sometimes it's a mystery. I can't say I've ever had a real problem like that. I do get an occasional loop with all of my machines, I'm sure everyone does. Slowing the machine down and using a thread stand can help with a lot of issues. Embroidery Library does have beautiful designs but I find a lot of them are pretty dense so I'll use a thinner 60wt thread, or I'll enlarge the design by 5% in the machine. That helps with the density.
Also, Wilcom True Sizer is a free program that will change formats for you.

Cari
Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=Cari-in-Oly;7676052]Minky really isn't any harder to embroider on than fleece. Just make sure you don't stretch it when hooping. I use poly mesh for a light design and float a tear away for a more dense design. Use a wss on top to keep the stitches from sinking, and if you're doing lettering a wider font is preferred.

Cari-in-Oly: Thanks for your help. Will you please explain what you mean by "float a tear away"?

I understand poly mesh for a light design, and I understand using water-soluble stabilizer to keep the stitches from sinking (like you would with terry cloth).
Old 10-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sushi View Post

Cari-in-Oly: Thanks for your help. Will you please explain what you mean by "float a tear away"?
Once you have the project in the hoop and the hoop attached to the machine, you slide another piece of stabilizer under the hoop. Once the first few stitches are sewn it won't slip.

Cari