Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
42 bolts of fabric... >

42 bolts of fabric...

42 bolts of fabric...

Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

God bless her, she's the reason WM still carries fabric. Wish mine did.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:31 AM

At least yours has fabric and a good selection too
Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 AM

People like you are one of the reasons why I enjoy going to my local WM and visiting while she cuts my fabric. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:42 AM

Two years ago our charity was donated $500 for material for blankets. (2 Christmases ago) so our fearless leader decided fastest way to get some done was buy fleece. Yep, JoAnn Fabrics remembers us well. Four to five hours spent there, waiting for it to all be cut and then packing it up for transport, didn't want to chance it getting muddy from the snow. We had fun, did a lot of serging, lot of people received a nice warm fleece blanket and ladies that took care of us were so sweet, not a single mumble.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:51 AM

Why should other employees have a cow about it if they were the one there to service her. That's what they get paid for. I often have several bolts in my buggy for them to cut. I've never had 42 bolts in it and have never bought fabric to be cut less than two yards (well once in a while I will get one yard).

Now I'd be curious as to what type pattern she was making to have to get that many different bolts unless she is making them all different colors than I suppose that could make sense.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:25 AM

OMG, I thought I had a monster stash. Kudos to you for keeping your cool. If I worked at WM in the fabric department I'd have to pay them to work there.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Thank you for being the kind of person I want serving me in the fabric department!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM

i have 9 bolt cut, the ladie had a spirit come on her saying you just brought fabric last week , i denied and i rely i did two week ago but is that her busines, wow i wonder who was I 'm talking to ,i like sew mostly block ,becaues i relieve that what i want as a quilt
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Our Walmart has a huge fabric section. 6 long rows of fabric and then precut fabric and lots of notions. LOTS of notions. Rick rack, pins, rulers, containers, sewing machines, patterns, thread, pencils, etc. I went there yesterday and bought a magnetic pin holder. I don't usually buy fabric from Walmart, but they have a great selection. Didn't see a salesperson around the whole time I was looking. Never is a salesperson. We, also have to go to a different department and have them request someone to come to the fabric department. With that big of a fabric department, you'd think they would have someone on duty all the time. I know the manager of the fabric department. She quilts and has some of her quilts hanging in the department. Our Walmart even has quilting classes you can take. It's a great place if you want to buy fabric there. I know a lot of people do. Our Walmart services 3 counties, so probably that's why it's so big and has classes.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 AM

All I can say is "Bless you heart", you did a great job.