Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ages

I am 69 and probably one of the older ones here. I started quilting in 1980. My hubby loves to see me in my studio piecing a quilt top and sometimes comes in just to sit and chat while I am working away.

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I am 66, started quilting about 8 years ago. I wish I would have started a long time ago. Just hope I live long enough to use all my stash..LOL. I absolutely love qulting. My husband is my greatest supporter.
    HeeHee, I am using my stash as lining for my coffin. So don't look for an estate sale of material. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!!

Well I'm 62 in body but only about 22 in mind and started quilting two years ago when I retired from work. Would have loved to have done it earlier but I didn't have either the time or the money, still, I'm making up for lost time now.

HeeHee, I am using my stash as lining for my coffin. So don't look for an estate sale of material. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!!
    That's actually a great idea! Use your stash to line your coffin....spend eternity wrapped in your favorite fabrics. I may actually make a quilt of my favorite fabrics to be buried with. Seriously! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Sounds like your husband needs a hobby
    That's what I was thinking as well!

Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Not to morbid...but I have heard of people making Casket quilts to cover the coffin and than the family is given it before the coffin is lowered like the folded flag..its mainly done for quilters..but it is done...blessings

i'm 57, have sewn since i was about 12 and always wanted to quilt just didn't start til a couple of years ago. i have 3 grown children, 4 grandchildren, 1 great grandson and a great granddaughter on the way.

All the females in my family are quilters. I started when I was 25 yrs old, and have been quilting for 40 years now. It is so much fun. My cats love it when I quilt.

I will be 60 on Christmas Day- have 3 kids, & 3 grand kids and have been quilting for about 10 years give or take a few years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftmama
    I am the BIG 50, today and LOVE quilting
    Happy Birthday!

I'm 29 years old and have been quilting for years. I'd say at least since I was 20. So don't let your husband say it is a Grandma thing to be quilting. I love this hobby.

These are my grandchildren that I taught to quilt. These are their first quilts.

Katherine with her Harry Potter. Tied
    Name:  Attachment-99601.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  98.6 KB

David with his Pokeman. Tied
    Name:  Attachment-99602.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  114.8 KB

I started quilting at age 8 and have53 years of learning under my belt so far, hope to have many more years of learning.
    Gloria :P

I'm 56 and just started quilting about 4 years ago.

Blog Entries
    Your husband should check his facts. That's the beauty of quilting as a hobby it covers all ages and we all can learn from each other young or older. It allows for males & females. I guess all that most quilters would ask is "no bad manners"
    It's also something that you can put on hold or pick up at whim. On the whole I find most quilters are willing to help each other but also non quilters as well.
    My one regret is that I didn't discover quilting 20 or 30 years earlier. Will just have to sew faster to use up my stash.
    Happy quilting everyone.

I am 66 and have been sewing, since the age of 11 and now
    quilting for the past 10 years,

I'm 33 and a beginning quilter. I started knitting several years ago, though! I get some kidding about my hobbies, but doesn't bother me. It's what I like to do!

What would be an appropriate hobby in his opinion?

e4
    I just turned 55 and tried to make my first quilt 40 years ago, but really just got back to quilting 5 years ago. Just to keep your husband from taking his his stereotypes too seriously however, my former neighbor recently became a grandmother at 36 so you can tell him you qualify age wise. And many men quilt so they couldn't possibly be grandmothers.

I am 65 yrs.old and my DD who is 47 like to quilt also:

My 9 year old DGD nd her rag quilt. This is her second. He first was at 5.
    DGS 7 is working on his second also but don't have pics yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm a 45 yr old mom of 6 kids...started quilting 26 years ago. Sat down with a stack of gingham fabric and a pair of scissors and made a quilt for my first daughter. Did not think about looking at a pattern or a book...just knew what I wanted and made it.

I'm 52 with 1 Son, 27, my Sweet Baby Girl,31, has been in Heaven 3 years. They blessed me with 6 precious grandaughters.

Blog Entries
    I took my first quilting class in 1980 I was 33 at the time with 3 kids! They area ll grown and I have 6 g-kids and love them all!

Blog Entries
    I am 63, just retired yesterday, started quilting 7yrs ago. Wish I had started when I was younger. There is so many quilts I want to make.Age is only a number. My mom uses to say" In my mind I only feel 40." That is a great way to feel when you are in your 70.
    Happy Quilting everyone and may we all be Quilting when we are 80

Hi, I am 71 and have been quilting since 1983and caught the bug. I am now helping a 8 yr boy to sew. He was only 5 when his grandmother was teaching gd to quilt. His attention span is only about an hour, But that is ok. I learned to sew at the age 7 in 4H and won lots of blue ribbons. Gensquilts

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast