Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one who doesn't  want a long arm? What..... >

Am I the only one who doesn't want a long arm? What.....

Am I the only one who doesn't want a long arm? What.....

Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Do you like the snappers. I am interested in getting them but i am on a yahoo forum and a lady mentioned that they need strength and muscle to snap, so not as easy. Pls tell me your opinion. Thanks
Originally Posted by lvaughan
Really loading the quilt isn't as difficult as you may think. I got Red Snappers and that really cut down on the time involved. I am in no way connected to Renae Haddidan.

http://quiltsonthecorner.com/inc/sdetail/204/4359
Old 08-21-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charming
Do you like the snappers. I am interested in getting them but i am on a yahoo forum and a lady mentioned that they need strength and muscle to snap, so not as easy. Pls tell me your opinion. Thanks
Really loading the quilt isn't as difficult as you may think. I got Red Snappers and that really cut down on the time involved. I am in no way connected to Renae Haddidan.

Yes, I like the Red Snappers, they really cut down on loading time. I don't find them difficult to use. There are some other threads about the red snappers, just use search.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:24 PM

oh thanks. will look now
Originally Posted by Charming

Yes, I like the Red Snappers, they really cut down on loading time. I don't find them difficult to use. There are some other threads about the red snappers, just use search.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Gammill's are widely considered the best. They start at around 6500. The cheapest set up with stitch regulator is $8995 for the same machine that is computer operated its $19000.

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter
So just out of curiosity how much do longarms cost??
Old 08-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned

It took me doing my first quilt which my daughter actually did on her sewing machine with my help to manipulate it to decide I wanted a long arm.

My DH asked how much it cost to have someone quilt my quilt tops and he was on board for me getting a LA.

A few months later, much researching and test driving them and I opened up my own LA/Quilting business! I've loved it ever since. I also have the computer system so do free motion work for customers as well as computer design patterns.

Can't imaging doing quilts any other way now.

So if you need someone to do your quilts ---- let me know! I love my LA!

Phyllis
aka
QuiltingGrannie
Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 PM

I could never justify the cost and it would be so tedious to learn all that it would take to use it. Years ago I would have been interested but at my age now, time is not on my side anymore...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:38 PM

I would love to have one with the condition I could give up my day job to dedicate myself to a machine quilting business. Otherwise, I would really miss the conversations with the lady who quilts for me now. She's full of ideas and designs and does a wonderful job. I think that's why she's always busy.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:56 PM

Does not interest me. I've played with them at various stores (even took a class while on vacation one yr). DH thought it was a good idea but I am happy being a piecer doing my ties, SITD and paying someone to do the really good ones I gift.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Me too. I don't really have the time needed to master it. Plus, I don't have the space. Figured I'd just put that money into sending quilts out to the LAQ.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:03 PM

No, you are not the only one (smile).