Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one who doesn't  want a long arm? What..... >

Am I the only one who doesn't want a long arm? What.....

Am I the only one who doesn't want a long arm? What.....

Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Not me!!! Nothing wrong with quilting on my Singer, even Cal King quilts. I don't need all that fancy quilting done on mine. But to each his or her own. We are all so different, and isn't that great?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:33 PM

I bought the 18" longarm FM sit down model TinLizzie for $2900 show price.....Love it.....price them at the shows.....mine was $5ooo before getting it at show price......
Originally Posted by Unique Creations
If I purchase a quilting system it would probably be the HQ sweet sixteen, because of price, room restrictions, and the ability to sit down and do the quilting.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Kas

I'm not interested, either. I haven't really tried one, but watching people do it makes my neck hurt! I have a friend who does it as a business and she said it isn't bad on your neck, but she hasn't had surgery for a herniated disc like I have. I love the idea of that huge harp, but I would need a sit down machine.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 PM

I would love to have one IF I wanted to learn how to do one more thing. I think my brain and energy have reached capacity and I don't need another set of info to be frustrated over. I can't afford a long arm or even to send them out so will stick to basic quilting procedures. Twenty years ago, would have been a need now is just a want.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 PM

I barely have the space to sew with my domestic machine let alone a long arm. But even if I had the space and the money I would still have no desire to buy one. Too justify the cost I would have to make a business out of it. I don't want to make a business out of it. I barely have enough time for my own projects let alone finishing up someone else's.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 PM

I would...BUT would I really use it enough to make it cost wise? Probably not...I have a Bernina 830 with a quilting frame...I use it enough plus the emb unit..I'm a happy camper just like I am.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 PM

No I would never want one , I can't see spending that kind of money unless you where going to do it for a living , so no
not for me.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Power Poster

I want one!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 AM

I would love to have one, but I can't justify the cost. Also, they take up so much room. I have a local shop nearby, and they rent their Gammell. I recently did my first quilt, and it was great. I think that that is the way to go for me, since I do not want a business, and that is the only way to justify buying my own machine.
Sue
Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tsnana2000
I bought a HQ Sweet Sixteen Sitdown and so far I love it. It isn't quite like quilting with a domestic machine, but I don't have to fight to get the quilt through the throat of the machine. I was never really interested in getting one with a frame. I think putting a quilt on the frame would be alot of work,plus I like to sit down to do my quilting. The Sweet Sixteen is around $5000. Everyone is different so a longarm may not be for you.
I have one of those too, and I love mine - all that extra space means I don't have to fight a big quilt under it, which is a joy to me so that quilting one is a pleasure, not a chore.