Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Can't understand but than its prolly just me

Right now I have a list a mile long, but each for a specific purpose. Not sure I could enjoy it as much either without an end purpose....but then again I'm pretty good at coming up with excuses ... um purposes...for the project I want to try next. I know lots and lots of people who don't quilt or sew, and they all have birthdays, Christmas, Easter......etc.

I think there are process people and project people. i am a process person and the process means a lot to me although I do like the finished project. On the other hand, my friend likes to end up with the project and that is the entire motivation to start. she like to sew, but the end is always in sight.

i used to be that way because i had so many quilts lined up to make , and they all had a pupose , or a person they were for but i justed finished one that i made and it was just one that i felt like making to try out differant techniques and this quilt will be mine!!!!

I'm sure you're not the only one who needs a specific purpose but for me, just because I love the fabric, or want to try a new technique, or am intrigued by a pattern is enough "purpose".

Power Poster
    I do some with a purpose in mind and some I do because I love to quilt and some I do just in case I need one for someone.

Blog Entries
    When I am in the mood to make a quilt I know that the homeless shelter will welcome it so I feel like I am doing something good for someone beside the joy I get from quilting. After looking a different quilt patterns here on the Message Board I am always inspired to get quiltting.
    :lol:

Blog Entries
    When I am in the mood to make a quilt I know that the homeless shelter will welcome it so I feel like I am doing something good for someone beside the joy I get from quilting. After looking a different quilt patterns here on the Message Board I am always inspired to get quiltting.
    I don't need any more quilts to stay in my house.
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by dogsgod
    The purpose is to create the magic of piecing together fabrics to make a big beautiful top that can be turned into a warm snuggly cover! They are scattered all over my house and anyone who has spent much time here (i.e. my kids, their friends, my friends) have become addicted to sitting/laying down with one wrapped around them!
    I'm with you. It's the creative process that draws me. If I find a pattern (or fabric) that appeals to me, I just have to do it. Can't ever let it defeat me though. I made a Spicy Spiral top the other day & had half of it together wrong. I may not finish this one but will do another one just to get it right. That's just me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4