Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:30 PM

We will be traveling for most of January so can not start now, but have vowed to begin when we return and get all the Holiday things stored. I am not sure I am brave enough to show a before photo. Everything in my sewing craft room must be removed, sorted and reorganized. Hopefully this group's mission to "save" ourselves will be the push I need.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:31 PM

Hi Kim, just took a look at your pictures. Zoned in right away on the U of M/Piston project. I've got a T-shirt quilt 'started' for my son, that is the T-shirts are cut up, that I was going to give him at the end of his freshman year at Western. He's a senior now, luckly it will take him 5 years so maybe he will get it before he graduates. I found Western Michigan Univ. fabric that I'd like to incorporate somehow. Where in SE Mi are you? I'm in Livonia, west side of Detroit. Take care and your room is in much better shape than mine is at the get go. Thanks for inspiring us to "get going and get organized"!
Wendy
Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Grandma cindy, you could darn near use the whole door as a ped board.

i will say that i only have a couple of nail holes in my walls..the peg board is one of them

..for everything else, i use the command strips...they have never ruined a wall/paint or wallpaper when removed.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
Grandma Cindy: You're beginning to make a lotta sense re: this job opportunity!! However, I think it only fair to warn you that there are many days that I'd trade the husband and the lazy dog for a McDonald's Happy Meal (and I don't even eat "fast food").
How about Cracker Barrel, I love going there?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Grandma cindy, you could darn near use the whole door as a ped board.

i will say that i only have a couple of nail holes in my walls..the peg board is one of them

..for everything else, i use the command strips...they have never ruined a wall/paint or wallpaper when removed.
Is that the product made by 3M?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned

I had mine organized as I had just remodeled the room in August. Now I have more fabric and stash. So far still neat and tidy, but will keep watching to learn from everyone.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM

I also made a "big board" to place on my ironing board. It makes ironing fabric easier. Also shelves and drawer units, large and small organize items and fabrics. I sort my fabrics by color, then other drawers for prints, kids, and holidays, and fat quarters. I'm also blessed with 2 large closets in this room. It was originally our oldest son's room. He has his own house now! Here are some more pics.

Ironing station
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61676[/ATTACH]

Shelving & multi drawers for small items
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61677[/ATTACH]

Sewing station, used door atop file cabinets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61678[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61671.jpe   attachment-61672.jpe   attachment-61673.jpe  
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM

yes...3M..great stuff!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
Originally Posted by weezie
Grandma Cindy: You're beginning to make a lotta sense re: this job opportunity!! However, I think it only fair to warn you that there are many days that I'd trade the husband and the lazy dog for a McDonald's Happy Meal (and I don't even eat "fast food").
How about Cracker Barrel, I love going there?
Yeah, I be a Cracker Barrel fan, also. But ... I should have made it clear that I meant a permanent swap-out, not just getting away from them for a lunch break. Some days they're worth a bit more than a Happy Meal (toy included), some days less, and some days they are keepers and I'm not in a swapping mood.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Hi Kim, just took a look at your pictures. Zoned in right away on the U of M/Piston project. I've got a T-shirt quilt 'started' for my son, that is the T-shirts are cut up, that I was going to give him at the end of his freshman year at Western. He's a senior now, luckly it will take him 5 years so maybe he will get it before he graduates. I found Western Michigan Univ. fabric that I'd like to incorporate somehow. Where in SE Mi are you? I'm in Livonia, west side of Detroit. Take care and your room is in much better shape than mine is at the get go. Thanks for inspiring us to "get going and get organized"!
Wendy
I am in Taylor, South of Detroit..!