Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gremlins in my sewing room??? >

Gremlins in my sewing room???

Gremlins in my sewing room???

Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 AM

while you are looking see if they left a pair of grey handled snips that I think they took from me. I'll keep my eyes open for your presser foot to show up here
Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 AM

This is going to sound stupid but I have been nursing the guys in my life, one after the other, for a little over a year and all that time has been one long search and rescue mission. You name it, I could NOT find it.

Quite often I discovered whatever it was I was hunting in one of my pockets. I'd be doing something, the call buzzer went off, I stopped whatever I was doing to answer the call, dropped whatever I had in my hands at the time into a pocket and promptly forgot that I did it. The missing one would turn up after a hunt -or- the next time I put on that particular garment. I was really bad about this when I went to bed. Thank God I checked pockets before stuff went into the wash! I did wash my cell phone. BUT only once!

Needless to say, I am addicted to pockets and I buy and build "grubbies" with massive pockets. I have read the other suggestions and my addition is "check your pockets." Oh, and during that year of nursing, I did a lot of praying about stuff both in general and specific and confirmed that prayer is helpful regarding stuff you cannot find and really need NOW!

Please don't feel like the only one who plays these games. And if you're not too busy, please let us know where it turns up. I will probably need to add that spot to my "places to look" list.

Good luck.

Pat
Old 08-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Oh no, I sure hope you find it!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by mighty View Post
Oh no, I sure hope you find it!
I do too. Need to find out where their other hiding places are.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:12 AM

So I have read all the post, because I was hoping there would be a post that she found it. But ... none yet.

Oh but I have a story to share too. I was in the kitchen, and we all lose things there : ) but I lost my 1/4 measuring cup. I looked everywhere. I even looked places it would never be. But I was baking yesterday and guess what? I found the measuring cup in the most logical spot. The flour bag : ). It is now washed and back where it belongs...but it drove me nuts looking for it.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:13 AM
DJ

One other idea . . . buy a new one . . . the one you lost will show up . . . save the receipt for the new one (for return) . . .
Old 08-25-2013, 07:51 AM

Not to worry....it's ALWAYS in the last place you look. Be happy.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Don't you hate it when gremlins invade your sewing area and hide things on you???? It happens to me all the time, in fact yesterday I had set aside a fabric to use in a quilt, but when I went to use it, it was gone, just vanished. I guess "Old Timer's Disease" is quickly destroying what little mind I used to have. LOL. Take a break, do something else and it will show up when you lease expect it. Been there, done that, so many times, I just try to laugh at myself.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 AM

I understand this all too well, as I can lose things without even moving things around. You are not alone.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 AM

It must be out there waltzing with ArtsyOne's scallop ruler and my violin shoulder rest. I am so bummed. Am wondering if it somehow got into the garbage.