Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many "Works-in-Progress" do you normally work on at a time? >

How many "Works-in-Progress" do you normally work on at a time?

How many "Works-in-Progress" do you normally work on at a time?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Oh Geez um, this is crazy...10-12, I get bored easily I guess! LOL
Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

I kind of throw WIP's and UFO's together, and I have had as many as 24 before. Right now I am working on three. One for my cat, one for hubby for Christmas, and my really big queen sized one for my bed.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:32 AM

The first couple of years I quilted, I worked on one project at a time unless I had another in the works in a class. Now I have one pieced project, at least one applique project, and one hand quilting project going most of the time. Unfortunately, I'm beyond "most of the time" at this particular moment, having started a couple of other small projects earlier this summer that I need to move up on my quilting list of things to do. The real question is how many of my WIP will never be completed. There are 2 in my box right now I'm concerned about....
Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 PM

I've been keeping 3. One in the hand-quilting stage, one in the piecing stage, and one in the planning and fabric prep stage. I try to have another one ready to quilt when the other is finished being quilted. I hate not having a quilting project ready to put in the frame, it is my relaxation.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 AM

I like to applique, so I am always working on one applique. Then I have one I am piecing and another ready to piece...makes it more interesting....
Old 08-06-2009, 06:27 AM

When I started quilting about 4 years ago I swore that I would only work on one quilt at a time. Then when i started taking classes the projects didn't always get completed when I got home. I have 2 of those, only blocks, that may get done some day. The big projects I don't ever have more that two going. Right now I only have one quilt from 2 classes. I refuse to start another one until I figure out how to do it. Haven't touched it in months, but I am saving money because I won't buy any more fabric until it is done. (Not that I don't have enough stash for several additional quilts already!)
Old 08-06-2009, 07:19 AM

Right now I'm working on three projects, my brain needs a variety.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:38 AM

I think I have "what mood I'm in works-in-progress". Thank goodness for clean empty pizza boxes. I have about 4 of those with different projects: Garfield applique blocks (my own drawings of the cat), "Sawtooth Cats" pattern, Black & White quilt blooks, Quilt applique pattern design of my own, it's Native American (reflects my Tribe). Then there are crafty sewing projects that go on. Just depends on my mood when I go to my sewing room what I'm going to work on. I think I would go nuts if I didn't have several things going. When I retired from the libraries I thought I would get more organized at home, so far that hasn't happened. Guess because I'm so enjoying the time to sew now, I feel like a little kid with lots of toys (fabrics).
Old 08-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Wow, if I bundle UFO with WIP I have quite a few. I have one handquilting sandwiched but have yet to take needle and thread to it. One top that is completed but I don't like so it has sat in the pile for literally years. Another top I am working on that is about 3/4 done, this one I am really enjoying but haven't been able to sit at my machine to piece for several weeks due to vacations and guests occupying my sewing room which doubles as my guest bedroom. The scraps I am accumulating from this project are being prepped for another quilt and stored in ziploc bags. Then I have at least 3 projects pending where I have bought and prepped the fabric (washed, ironed, folded away with the pattern). A scrappy log cabin that I work on as I have accumulated enough scrap strips in the correct values (was way short of lights for the longest time). Various wall hangings pillows and blocks in various stages of production, from simply cut for peicing or applique to sandwiched just waiting for me to get off my duff and quilt. I tend to store my WIPs in ziploc bags until they get to the point of being a completed top (be it bed size or wall hanging).

Finally I thought I had completed Tumbling Tabbies but the show people say I have to have a solid strip of fabric type hanging sleeve that spans across the top as opposed to the hanging sleeve of 3" wide tabs evenly disbursed across the back that I put on. So I have to do that too.

I suppose I should take that challenge of completing a few before starting anything new. :oops:

FF
Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 AM

I am a newbie, but that does not mean I cannot rack up projects.
Currently working on 6, cannot wait till I am in it for years, wil not have enough fingers and toes.

Sandie
Ink on my fingers, glitter on my face, threads on my shirt, and a smile in my heart.