Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many "Works-in-Progress" do you normally work on at a time? >

How many "Works-in-Progress" do you normally work on at a time?

How many "Works-in-Progress" do you normally work on at a time?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM

hee hee let's not go there!!! LOL I have too many to count!!! I suppose I will complete them sometime in my lifetime!
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
LOL

I can count that high, I just don't want too! ;-)

I have several BOM's I'm doing, one that's hand applique, and three or four that are machine pieced. Plus a hexagon quilt that's being hand pieced. And numerous other projects!

What I work on depends on how I'm feeling at that time.... if I want quiet reflective time I do my hand stitching... sometimes inspiration hits and I just go with the flow till it's done, even if it's starting something new when I haven't finished the last one.

I'd love to finish each one before starting the next, but don't want to have to "force" myself to work on something when I dont feel like it.
I have to agree with you... with so many WIPS and UFOS I like to pick one depending on my mood... sometimes I just want to do some hand stitching, so out comes my hand sewn hexagon quilt, or some binding... if I'm in a piecing mood, I take out the machine and turn on some tunes and sew my little heart out. If I feel like applique, then I take out one of my many BOMS too!!!

Cheers
Old 08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I think I have "what mood I'm in works-in-progress". Thank goodness for clean empty pizza boxes. I have about 4 of those with different projects: Garfield applique blocks (my own drawings of the cat), "Sawtooth Cats" pattern, Black & White quilt blooks, Quilt applique pattern design of my own, it's Native American (reflects my Tribe).
Too funny!! Sawtooth Cats is in my to-do pile too! I have only picked out the fabrics and prepped them. Haven't started yet. Can't wait to see a picture of yours!!

FF
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 AM

I just went to the sewing room and counted. If I didn't miss any, I now have ten (10) that are in various stages of the tops being completed. That does not include the ones that are in other places around the house waiting for backing, someone to quilt it, or someone to put the binding on. Do you think I like this quilting hobby?

Material MiMi
Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 AM

I find that, if I don't finish a project and jump to another, I lay a guilt trip on myself so I always try to finish up one project before starting another.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:57 AM

I basically stick to one project at a time within the piecing and quilting phases. Though while sewing that project, I'll be designing and shopping for the next one.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:04 PM

7 right now.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Uh-oh! I forgot about the pizza boxes.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 PM

I try to work on only one project at a time....but that doesn't mean that each project gets done before I start on the next. Some things are just destined to be WIPs! :oops:
Old 08-06-2009, 12:32 PM

I usually have one quilt being pieced and another on the frame at the same time. But wait! There's the scrap quilt in the process as more scraps become available and a Hawaiian applique' wall hanging being stitched. After that, there are the knitting, cross-stitching, and beading projects in various stages of completion. Either I'm a busy girl, or disorganized or easily bored....hmmm.