Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many sewing machines? >

How many sewing machines?

How many sewing machines?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa Marie
I have two Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilters, one set up on my sewing table & the other on my Next Generation frame. I would like to trade in one for a machine that does more than a straight stitch. Don't know what machine I want yet but have been reading about everyone's machines and learning a lot.
One of my machines is a Janome 6600 that I got last February and I would not trade it for all the tea in China. I love that machine and if you like or want to try free motion quilting, you have to try this machine. It is awesome.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
Originally Posted by barb55
Originally Posted by watson's mom
I have only 5. I did give one to a friend whose machine was on it's last legs and sold a couple of others. From now on I am keeping them all. I am looking for a serger (never had one before), I think it will come in handy for making housecoats and tote bags. I looked at the Janome 12000 on Friday and am really thinking about getting one. I love the big hoops it has. We'll see what happens.
I looked that machine up on the enter net and it sure looks like it would fit the bill for everything you wanted to do. Do you know what the cost is. There isn't a dealer close so I could go in and take a look. I have and old Janome and it is a work horse.

It is listed here in Canada at $8995. but my friend who was in Atlantic City over the weekend said it is the same price there. I am going to wait and see if they have any start-up issues since they are a new machine. I will probably get one in about a year, that should be enough time to know how they are going to turn out. It is the nicest machine and I can't think of anything it won't do. You really have to see it to appreciate it. I am wondering though that with all the extra features (there is a ton of them) if it is just that much more that can go wrong. We'll see.
I thank you for giving me the price of the machine, but I'am afraid that is more than I can spend. I sure wish I could. Who knows I may come into a lot of money. haha
Old 10-16-2011, 05:20 PM

almost enough.....
Old 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM

I enjoy reading all the comments and conversation posted here, however I am 79 years old and do not know what all the acronyms you people use stand for. Did you all forget how to spell or what? It sure be nice if you did not always try to write in code. No Comments Needed.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit
We collect sewing machines because we like them, all older mechanical ones. I do have several sergers and other machines only one new long arm and hope that is all of those I get.lol WE just love sewing machines.
And I love that little grasshopper greenie !! I collect vintage Singers, but would buy that one in a minute. and a pink one,
and a turq. one. wish I had a big place to show all my machines so I could look at all of them every day. the mechanics of the old machines are fabulous.
Smitty---owner of way to many to count.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:53 PM

I have a singer futura,a 1630 bernina,bernina embroidery machine,jenome,designer1,designerSE,FW,comercial heavy duty consew and my MIL treadle machine,which icherish
I just can't part with a machine when I get a new one,It is always nice to have a machine when something go wrong with one you are using, I forgot I have 2 sergers.
I have a very supportive hubby.

d. swindle
Old 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

I have 2. Daughter, Sarah, 1.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM

If I had room I know I would be a sm hoarder. The Pfaff 2056 is my main sm. But I also sew on my mother's Singer 401A, and my grandmother's Singer 15-96 treadle. Then I have a serger: Pfaff 4872 which will also do cover stitching, but I don't like to take time to convert it, so I have a dedicated Brother cover stitch machine. My space is so small now since we downsized that I keep the serger and cover stitch on a shelf until I need them. I think all my sm have a 7 1/2" harp space and I would like to have an older machine with larger harp space. So another one maybe in my future :>)
Old 10-16-2011, 07:56 PM

I have 5, all Singers.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM

we lost count but know there's always one more that needs to come home- found a Pfaff 230 just the other day buried at a thrift store