Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I am just sick!!

You give a gift, you walk away...simple. If he didn't come carrying that quilt to your door and asked for help w/a big sobbing story...I would have pretended I didn't see it or know about it. Do the same! Even though you have seen it, you are not doing him of any service to run and fix anything he didn't ask for you to fix. Yes, you have much time and pleasure the first round...you giveth...he either taketh and taketh w/good care...or he don't and then he'd not getteth anything more!!... Fixing it will fix it for how long? And, what did he learn? And, what did you learn?:)Might not be what you really want to hear...but, that's where I'd put my foot...on the door to hold it shut!:)Skeat

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the once you give a gift--it's out of your hands crowd. What he does with it--he does with it. It sure doesn't sound like it was on purpose.

I almost only give ragged flannels away--I feel they are the snuggliest of all quilts, but there's less work in them too. :wink:

"I saw that your quilt was damaged. Bring it over and I will put a couple patches on it."

Extend mercy and just love on your son, even when he screws up.

well i'll tell yall a good one too. I made my neighbor lady a basket out of cloth, it had 3 layers of fabric , one layer was embroidered on, and it was the way you sew it together and then use snaps etc that made it a basket. well, anyhow it was very time consuming to make. so here's what she did with that. can u believe she tore it all apart, and used the embroidered piece for a doily on her little table. i was just sick about it and i have not and will not make her anything again. i think she should have brought it back to me and told me she just didn't like it or didn't have any use for it and would i make her a embroidered doily. i definitely would have done that. i'll attach a pic of it.

side view
    Name:  Attachment-41985.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  25.0 KB

looking down on it vew
    Name:  Attachment-41986.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  27.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dojo36
    well i'll tell yall a good one too. I made my neighbor lady a basket out of cloth, it had 3 layers of fabric , one layer was embroidered on, and it was the way you sew it together and then use snaps etc that made it a basket. well, anyhow it was very time consuming to make. so here's what she did with that. can u believe she tore it all apart, and used the embroidered piece for a doily on her little table. i was just sick about it and i have not and will not make her anything again. i think she should have brought it back to me and told me she just didn't like it or didn't have any use for it and would i make her a embroidered doily. i definitely would have done that. i'll attach a pic of it.
    That is so beautiful made, its really amazing and if i was lucky enough to receive something like this i would have taken very very good care about it and cherish it forever; especially because you can see how much love and work and effort that has gone into making it. ( any idiot(yes even an idiot,lol) should see this has been a very time consuming and lots of work involved.

Again its really pretty

sunnyhope, thank you - sounds like you know the value of hand made things, we all do that sew, but i guess some people just don't.

Guess if it were me................. I would not repair it unless he would ask.
    Second..... it would be a cold day in H....... before I ever put that much time into anything that goes to his house. If they asked for another quilt it would sure be something I didn't put much time into. Something very very simple or if they caught me at a bad time I might even say..... Sorry I am to busy don't have the time..... Well that's my two cents for what ever it's worth...................................
    I feel so bad for you.......... I know what you mean.......... my quilts are like babies..... don't like for them to leave me........

Scrap Quilter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4