Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept. >

I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept.

I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM

You could do that or get a hold of the store manager and let them know, and see what happens if anything. If nothing happens, then get a hold of the corp. office. I am just so happy our Walmart brought their fabric dept. back. I was so heart broken when they took it out. I just hope they start getting more fabric. The ladies here are very sweet, no complaints yet, but then again their barely starting up.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:35 PM

I agree with those who say it depends on the Walmart. Ours has always had a full fabric deparmtent, in fact a couple of the gals there kind of became friends.

This has nothing to do with fabric, but one time we were taking our sailor son to dinner and we had to stop at that store first. He was wearing his dress whites. I'm not kidding, as we checked out, there was applause

I don't know anyone who works there, but I sure do like that store
Old 08-17-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
I think Walmart is a "get what you pay for" store... if not in quality in service... :-/
- Shop where you want and pay what you want. Regards the store display- talk to the general manager and to corporate. The depatment should be ship shape and the manager needs to be held responsable- sounds like they are trying to get out of having the fabric there.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
Sylvas mom, yep. a lot of people have tried it, even a former employee(me) did too, and knew hoew to use that price gun. really a shame customers have to wait for someone to come cut fabric!! we need to complain or do something!!
I used to know how to use a telxon but it wouldn't do any good without the proper keys.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 AM

Sounds like a management problem. Ladies, you should contact Walmarts and tell them of the problem. They may send out a district manager to check on the problem and get them on the right track.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Your WalMart sounds like my local JoAnns.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:17 PM

I got a call from the assitant manager yesterday, I didn't speak with him but he left a message saying I could return his call and he would tell me what they were going to do about the dept. I couldn't call him back today, so I will try next week.
If it is like the last time they will tell me what thier plan is and then it will clean up for a short time, but return to normal within a month or two.