Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept. >

I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept.

I had such hope for Wal Marts Fabric Dept.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Looks like some of WalMart's managers need to go to Customer Service Boot Camp! When I find good customer service I compliment the store mgr. and when I find bad customer service I tell the store mgr. Sometimes I can tell it goes in one ear and out the other.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:27 AM

I think the importance of the rank and file employee is totally under estimated. They can make or break a store. Before the cut back in the fabric department at our local Walmart there was a woman in the department that would order a lot of fabric. Just a group of fabrics that didn't sell for some reason. Great buys of upper end fabrics. Even at $2 a yard, she said the store made a profit. Loved to go through the stack because the deals were great. In there often just to see what they added. Now I go in but the fabric never seems to change and the price is 4.97 per yard or higher. No fun, no deals.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 AM

Waiting for someone to come and cut the fabric? Try this, I did, I got on the phone after a 20 min, 3 calls later, put it on speaker and said, I'm a customer, is it alright if I cut my own fabric?, but I need someone to show me how to use the price sticker machine. Got help really quick. Yes, I am that nervy.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by sylviasmom
Waiting for someone to come and cut the fabric? Try this, I did, I got on the phone after a 20 min, 3 calls later, put it on speaker and said, I'm a customer, is it alright if I cut my own fabric?, but I need someone to show me how to use the price sticker machine. Got help really quick. Yes, I am that nervy.
I wish I was that nervy. LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by sylviasmom
HAH ... LOVE it !! You GO girl !! I think I'll try that next time I can't find anyone to help me :roll:
Old 08-17-2011, 09:17 AM

ok ladies, heads up.

I used to work for fabrics & crafts, give them a break ok? really isn't easy to keep everything in order, and a lot of times ,yes the customers, don't put back what they take out. when the merchandise comes in it is usually one or maybe two people in that dept. trying to get everything priced and put away.We tried our best to keep everything in order,, and in the right way.

sure sometimes there are some that just doesn't care about the dept. and there are a lot of us that do! so there is a lot more to do than you even know. and as for people coming from other departments, OH my! be on the look out that they don't know what they are doing!!, but anyway, Wal mart doesn't really want the dept as you well know. So maybe there isn't someone in that dept taking care of it as it should. might be good thing to complain and see what happens? just wanted all of you to know, someone is not taking care of business!!

All of you responded greatly! yes we did have to wear more than one hat. Was a shame that no one wanted to work in that department!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 AM

Sylvas mom, yep. a lot of people have tried it, even a former employee(me) did too, and knew hoew to use that price gun. really a shame customers have to wait for someone to come cut fabric!! we need to complain or do something!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 AM

It is funny how each store is different. The walmart store by me has a very small space and only one person working there. At the store by rockford the fabric section is absolutely huge and several fabric loving employees work there! Every bolt is wound around perfectly and smoothed out the end is folded on a diagonal and tucked in! This is the one I go to when I am at my mom's, Love it!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle
Sadly there are lots of lazy people in the work force. This is just proof of it, they would prefer to stay home and have a check sent to them. Management is one of them too. Some people take no pride in their work, no matter how much they are paid. Just the way it is. It wouldn't matter where they work.
So true, Jingle ... when our WM DID have fabric, there were 2 women who worked there - they NEVER moved faster than a snails pace, although both were able-bodied. Neither could be bothered to speak to customers. More than once I heard them reply rudely to people, as if they weren't supposed to answer a question ! One even wore ROLLERS in her hair at work, saw it many times ! :roll:
Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 PM

our store use to have a very nice selction of fabric of course they deleted it. Had to have a party sections.becuse they thought it would make more money. HA ! HA1