IDT

Old 05-28-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Minister
Gee you guys!!! Looks like I need a Pfaff.
I have had several Pfaffs and wouldn't buy anything else. The big feature I like is the IDT. Wouldn't sew without it.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 AM

I Have husqvarna machines . I have the walking foot attachments and I have no problems using them. You cannot use the attache needle threader when you have it on but that is not really a problem and if it was I would simnply thread my machine prior to putting on the walking foot. The new diamond has 2 interchangeable feet.
jobo
Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 AM

Thank you for th information! Who knew.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 AM

Once you use one you'll never want a machine that doesn't have it. I have had 2 Pfaff's and have noticed the high end Bernina has one now also.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:37 AM

I love the idt because you can use the 1/4" foot with it for putting binding on. As long as the foot has an opening at the back to accomodate the idt lever, you can use any foot with it. If you use the info feature,the lcd display tells you what foot to use and whether you can use idt with a particular stitch.

I use the idt all the time even when piecing.

I am a pfaffaholic!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Janome is another machine you can get IDT's on now too I do believe. For years the Pfaff company was the only machine with it on, but since they were sold the patten on the IDT is no longer exclusive to Pfaff.

Great feature and I am another lover of it!
I have the Janome 6600 and yes, the even feed is a must have. I would not get a machine without it.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM

Yes, but the neat thing about the Pfaff is that it has the IDT built in. You don't need to change feet. If you are using any of your feet you have IDT. I have sewn pants and never pin anymore, cause I never have more than an 1/8" difference when I get the seam sewn. It was originally designed to match plaids, but then they found out it works great for almost everything. I also like the 9 mm stitches on the Pfaff. Couldn't live or sew without my Pfaff!

Originally Posted by jobo49
I Have husqvarna machines . I have the walking foot attachments and I have no problems using them. You cannot use the attache needle threader when you have it on but that is not really a problem and if it was I would simnply thread my machine prior to putting on the walking foot. The new diamond has 2 interchangeable feet.
jobo
Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 AM

For the most part I love my Pfaff but it will most certainly not sew over thick seams like the denim in this video. Sometimes it struggles over "normal" seams.
Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Integrated dual transportation. Here's a video from Pfaff that shows how it works.

http://www.homesewing.co.uk/video/ex...f-idt-feed.htm
Old 05-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
I would like to know the pros and cons why some people like them and others do not, just curious what the fuss is all about
I am so glad you asked this. I had never seen this feature before. After watching the video somebody pointed out it sure makes one reconsider brands when buying a new mach.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
For the most part I love my Pfaff but it will most certainly not sew over thick seams like the denim in this video. Sometimes it struggles over "normal" seams.
Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Integrated dual transportation. Here's a video from Pfaff that shows how it works.

http://www.homesewing.co.uk/video/ex...f-idt-feed.htm
I would have to sew slowly and have a sharp needle in order to sew the items in the video without struggling. I think it would be this way most domestic machines.