Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Just can't get moving

lue
    Quilts have to tell you they're ready to be made. When they speak, you'll be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    I'm having the same thing now and waiting for it to pass, as I know it will. I think the never-ending winter followed by a cool and rainy spring have gotten to me. Hopefully you will soon be ready to quilt again, but don't beat yourself up over it; it is not permanent.
    I resemble this description. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    I have fabric. I have the time. I have patterns. I just can't seem to get going on anything. Not even something small. I stink at putting colors together. I have some fabric that goes together but most is just 2 yards of whatever I thought was pretty. I've never done a scrappy top because I have no idea what pattern to use and I'm afraid I'll feel I just wasted the fabric. All I did today is straighten up a little and watch TV with my feet up on my sewing table. And to think I just bought a FW. For what? I'm not even using the machine that's set up. I hope tomorrows a better day. :?
    I know just what you mean. I have to buy kits because I suck at putting fabrics together and/or not getting enough to make a top. Just try string squares or charm squares (5"). You'll be surprised at what you end up with. I'm sure it will be great. Like the Nike commercial, "JUST DO IT". :D

a regular here
    As and when the mood takes me I either knit or crochet on some thing small then before you know i HAVE to get back to sewing .

I love picking out the colors, but sometimes have problems finishing. I always start out gung-ho, then seem to lose momentum. Unfortunately, having a deadline seems to help me. I also hate to make that first cut of a fabric. Like to save it. (Hoarding). Don't feel bad we all have our quirks. An easy way to pick colors - find a fabric you like, then use the colors used in the fabric.

We all have days even weeks like that sometimes your body just wants a break and then your better than ever. One day at a time. Your creative mind is working on the next project. Hugs to you. Good Luck. Sue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4