Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is my disappointment justified? >

Is my disappointment justified?

Is my disappointment justified?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:04 AM

hI I just had to tell you I live in E.Tawas,Michigan and I use to go to Cotton Patch but I quit going about four ago and I will drive 75miles out of my way not to buy anything.They are all rude and I don't know why for a small town.They ruined one of my quilts and I will never ever go in that shop again.P.S.I'm in Florida right now for the Winter or I would help you get your order.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 AM

I would be disappointed as well. I have made three online purchases from small qs lately and had great service from each. Rossville Quilts in Indiana, Fabric Depot in Portland OR, and Quilts in Montana.com. All three of these companies were great to work with and had my order shipped within 2 days and to my front door on the east coast w/in a week. Good luck with your project - maybe try one of these shops next time if they have what you need!!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:19 AM

[quote=JuneD]
Originally Posted by dellareya

THANK YOU!!!!! I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!!!!! I ordered some fabric through Keepsake Quilting on the 5th of January and it took until the 15th to get to me. I thought it might be because of the New Year. I'm going to try again to see if it happens again.
Also keep in mind that New Hampshire has had an incredible month for snow storms. State of emergencies issued and businesses closed. Keepsake Quilting is in a very rural area, well away from the highways. Mail has been affected. Most likely you won't encounter such a delay the next time around. :thumbup:

Athomesewing, your disappointment is jusified. Hopefully you will get your fabric soon. :|
Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 AM

I wonder if they r a small business that they r running on the side of a regular job? Might explain why they took so long? Also some businesses don't have things in stock, after u order they buy from somewhere else, then ship to u? thats why they charge early, to cover their cost. Still sorry this happened to u. had this happen to me over some dishes, took over 2 months to get them. I just order from a more reliable company now if I am in a hurry.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 AM

Oh that is not good. I am surprised by that response. While I have never ordered anything from them, I have visited that shop (my home town is the next town north of East Tawas) and have always been impressed by the service I receive there. Hopefully they will make it up to you.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:09 AM

What is a hug me light?

Originally Posted by dellareya
I think it is good to know about stuff like this. I get antsy if I have wait more then 5 days for mail orders. Last Friday morning I ordered a "Hug Me Light". It was delivered Saturday afternoon. How cool was that?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:53 AM

[quote=AtHomeSewing]I am so disappointed with a purchase through Cotton Patch Fabrics, who has a storefront in East Tawas, Michigan.

I placed an order for five yards of fabric, mid-day on Monday, the 16th.

It’s been 11 days since I ordered, and 8 days since they charged my credit card (according to the bank).

I emailed them last Saturday, and they finally answered yesterday, Tuesday:
“It is still not in the mail…sorry, we’ve been busy.”

That is poor judgement on their part to say the least. I would stay on top of it, and not let up !
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 AM

I've ordered from them and been very happy. I can understand the frustration but I think I would call back, ask for them to ship overnight or something. Please consider there may be personal issues happening and if the credit charge is automated it was not intentional. I think we all deserve a second chance, we're only human!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:20 AM

What is a hug me light?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:37 AM

I used to work in a quilt shop and credit cards were never charged till the order was ready to go to the Post Office.
One reason for the delays in orders being sent could possibly be all the snow we have been getting everywhere in the midwest and east coast. Our local QS was closed 2 days, that really set them back, took several days to catch up. They normally have same day service. Some shops have a very large internet business.