Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is my disappointment justified? >

Is my disappointment justified?

Is my disappointment justified?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:37 AM

I am from Michigan and shop and order often from them. that is really unusal for them. Usally the stuff I order comes 3-5 days if it is ordered from an outside sorce It might take 10days to 2 weeks. I would give them a call on the landline if you are real worried. they are generally sweet people and always willing to help. happy sewing
Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 AM

I would ask to speak to the owner/manager about this. I would be furious if a clerk told me they had not processed my order because they "were busy". What, so that means my order is not as important as the next customers's?! I like dealing with the online companies that send a confirmation of your order plus an estimated delivery date. I leave those right in my inbox until the order has been delivered in case there is a problem with the order.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by dellareya
I think it is good to know about stuff like this. I get antsy if I have wait more then 5 days for mail orders. Last Friday morning I ordered a "Hug Me Light". It was delivered Saturday afternoon. How cool was that?
We need the name of where you ordered and buy from them because it is this kind of service that should be rewarded and talked about to bring them more business.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 AM

I think it is good to know about stuff like this. I get antsy if I have wait more then 5 days for mail orders. Last Friday morning I ordered a "Hug Me Light". It was delivered Saturday afternoon. How cool was that?
How do you like your Hug light? I have been thinking of ordering one as I do hand quilting and reading in bed where the lighting is not always the greatest.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by JuneD
THANK YOU!!!!! I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!!!!! I ordered some fabric through Keepsake Quilting on the 5th of January and it took until the 15th to get to me. I thought it might be because of the New Year. I'm going to try again to see if it happens again.
I have found Keepsake Quilting to be a little slower than Fabric.com or Connecting Threads. But I like what they have to offer and now take this into consideration before ordering from them. I ordered some fabric from e-quilter.com. Had never ordered from them before but I needed a certain fabric for a project that I had underestimated, and I got an e-mail that they shipped it out the same day I ordered and I received it 3 days later. Another one for my list of shops to use.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 AM

They should have never charged your card before it
was shipped. I would contact them and tell them
that if it isn't shipped today, you want to cancel the
order. You might check at this link (quilt shops.com)
and see if it comes up. Type in the name of the fabric
line and see if it comes up at one of their shops.
You might even find it at a better price.

http://www.quiltshops.com/

Have a Great Day!
Marcia
Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM

Hi there. First, I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with this shop. It turns out that the owners' sister and I are friends and I sent her this link of your post. The shop owner has been out of the shop for about a month after having some surgery. She will be made aware of this problem. I realize this does not make your experience better, but I am hoping that it won't happen again. They are such nice people and I am sure that had this not been the situation with her surgery, this would not have happened.
Hugs,
Regina in MI
Old 01-27-2011, 07:07 AM

I've had two problems with Cotton Patch Quilts in East Tawas, MI so I won't order from them again either.

1. Owner has requests for people to make quilts for shop on her site. I made one quilt at an agreed upon fee and promptly sent it back. After 3 weeks I sent an email because I had not received the agreed upon amount for making the quilt. She sent me a huffy email that she had been busy and would put a check in the mail. I did receive a check in a few days.
2. I ordered a pattern from this shop. My understanding is that if item is not available within 30 days, you are suppose to be notified. I was not notified so I sent an email inquiring about the pattern - it turned out that it was not in stock and had to be ordered. I really wanted it so agreed to wait but it took another month before I received it.

I am not happy with this shop's customer service so will not order from them again. There are plenty of other online shops who give excellent customer service including order followup when an item is out of stock.

I also heard in a chat room that this shop does an enormous amount of block of the month kits (something like 200 if I remember correctly) so even the instore customer service is lacking when they are cutting these kits.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 AM

I dont know who answered her phone,but I have done business with this shop alot, I also get her newsletter. They had some kind of trouble ,I cant remember exactly what is was but she was telling about it. Who ever answered the phone should have said more than we have been busy. If Doni knew she would be very upset.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 AM

Posts like these are the reason that I hesitate about ordering online. I've never ordered anthing online before. I'm the type that likes to see what I'm buying up close and inspecting it before I buy it.