Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is my disappointment justified? >

Is my disappointment justified?

Is my disappointment justified?

Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Another similar experience here. Sewing Machines Plus charged my card in November for an item they said would ship immediately, no small dollar item by the way. In December I began calling. The item was backordered, the manufacturer didn't even have it in stock. SMP would not reverse the charges. Holidays happened and I started calling again in January. Found one person who was at least sympathetic, but the others were definitely lacking customer service skills. Never one "we are sorry" in a lot of phone calls and it even went to the manager level. The one woman said they would send me some complimentary thread for my inconvenience. Don't you know when it was all said and done the thread was conveniently left out. I didn't let it go and sent them an email asking when I could expect the complimentary thread. We have to be very diligent sometimes. Treating customers with disregard is just plain wrong.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM

of course you have every right to be upset. they should not of charged you, until it was ready to be shipped.

But one complaint would not make me leery of shopping on line with them..mistakes happen.

I am sure the owner of the shop will make good on this. IF she has been made aware of it.

i have been so blessed with great service from all the on-line shops i have bought from over the years.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Too Busy is not a reason it's an excuse. They weren't too busy to take your money. I would have said credit my card and keep the fabric, I'm too busy to wait on it.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 AM

You should call the credit card company. That should not have been put on your charge before it was sent. I used to work on phone orders and they would not put your order on charge if it wasn't shipped or if it is on back order.
Pickle
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

I believe it is illegal to charge your card before they process/ ship. This is just wrong. Thank you sharing your experience. I definitely do not plan to ever order from them.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by watterstide
of course you have every right to be upset. they should not of charged you, until it was ready to be shipped.

But one complaint would not make me leery of shopping on line with them..mistakes happen.

I am sure the owner of the shop will make good on this. IF she has been made aware of it.

i have been so blessed with great service from all the on-line shops i have bought from over the years.
Charging and not shipping is not a mistake. It is against the law. The way they are handling this order and how long it is taking is just wrong.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 AM

Have you called them? If not, I would call them everyday and ask if it has shippped yet since you need it for a class and your card has already been charged. Plus you might get to talk with different people and one might be more customer service friendly than another. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
the minute they charge your card , that amount starts collecting interest charged to you. I'd tell them to remove it unless they are mailing it today. then they can charge it again when they actually mail it off to you.
As long as you pay the credit card off each month, it won't earn any interest. And the interest is based on the statement period, so charging now or in 2 weeks might not make a difference if it's the same statement period
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM

Kind of a variation on the same subject, but has anyone tried new coffee filters for stabilizing machine applique? I was stuck with hundreds of filters after changing coffeemakers; they seem to work well; any drawbacks?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltnbug
Hi there. First, I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with this shop. It turns out that the owners' sister and I are friends and I sent her this link of your post. The shop owner has been out of the shop for about a month after having some surgery. She will be made aware of this problem. I realize this does not make your experience better, but I am hoping that it won't happen again. They are such nice people and I am sure that had this not been the situation with her surgery, this would not have happened.
Hugs,
Regina in MI
I hope the owner heals quickly. It is sad that this situation could have been avoided had the employee just been honest instead of saying they 'were busy'.