Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This stunned me a bit >

This stunned me a bit

This stunned me a bit

Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM

I would have probably asked her "how many quilts has she hand-pieced/quilted?

Both are done with love and don't think one is better than the other just different...
Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 PM

is she CRAZY!!! your work is beautiful!!! I could never do what you do with the machine. a quilt is a quilt no matter how it is made. I probably would have told her to kiss my &*^^%.

but thats me and I know that you are better than that so tell me who she is so I can tell her for you,LOL
Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 PM

ONCE MORE on this subject.....i told a friend about this and she asked what I said or did. I told her that she was older than I was and out of respect I kept my mouth shut and my hands to myself. I told I had feeling I would liked to have slapped her! to my surprise, she said, "then you should have hit her twice, once for me,too!"
Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM

HAHA!! if we go by that rule this lady would have been knocked out!! LOL
Old 02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

I always say when someone acts stupid or rude "There are a lot of mean people in the world". You could have told her she must have taken her mean pills this morning and they are working very well. She probably uses a washing machine and dishwasher, instead of doing them the 'real way', by hand. Quilting by machine holds the layers together very well. Using a machine is called progress just like using washing machines and dishwashers and driving cars instead of horses and buggies. You could have told her you prefer to be a Modern Millie. She is probably jealous cause she can't figure out how to use a sewing machine. I have handquilted about 24 quilts and believe me I like the machine quilting much better, it's faster and easier on my fingers.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Isn't that what machines are for, if I had to (hand QUILT)
my quilts I never would have any done because my hand sewing is so lousy. Thats what top stitching is for on the sewing machine instead of appliqueing
As for that Woman(The post office lady) she needs a kick in the ##%%
Old 02-05-2010, 03:10 PM

I learned to hand piece and hand quilt and I am proud of the ones that I have made, however, it takes FOREVER to finish one. I am so jealous of someone that can machine quilt such as free motion quilting. I have tried, even stippling, and have trouble moving the quilt around to get it done. So... I appreciate a quilt, no matter how it is quilted.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

That was rude of her and I agree, she doesn't know much about quilting either!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Took my packages to the post office, clerk asked the usual questions....fragile, perishable, hazardous....I said no, I am a quilter and they were quilt blocks being sent out for a block swap. Lady behind me asked if they hand or machine quilted. I replied, machine. She said, "Well, that really ISN'T quilting."

Let me clarify, she asked if I machine or hand quilted my pieces....

Again, I definately know there is a skill in hand quilting. I truly admire anyone who can do it....I just haven't reached that level yet.
Quilting is quilting no matter how it is done as far as I am concerned. Quilters that are of the older generations sometimes do not think that there is any way to quilt but by hand. Since we live in such a fast paced world this is why machine quilting has become so popular. So you just keep quilting the way that satisfies you.
:)
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Takes all kinds:)
I too would love to hand quilt all my quilts, I used to do very good, nice small stitches. Now....love my Handiquilter, I can get a queen size quilted in about 2 days:)