Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: A Tale of Quality Customer Service From Northcott

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Michelle, I've been using the June Tailor shape cut ruler and it's awesome!!!
    Let me find you the link.

http://www.junetailor.com/videos.htm

I got mine at Joann's with a coupon and LOVE it!
    I just got mine today at Joann's with a 50% coupon! Unfortunately, I go overseas this weekend for 6-7 weeks so I won't be able to try it until I get back!!

I have a friend who bought Bali Pops and had the same problem. She contacted the manufacturer and they not only replaced the strips, they sent her enough different fabric to make a quilt and the pattern. It does pay to complain if you are in the right - and you are.

Blog Entries
    What a shame, Michelle! I LOVE that kit-and was really tempted, but I just saw those lovely Stonehenge fabrics on sale at ThousandsofBolts.com today in their new e-mail for 6.95/yard-and they have over 100 colors! If you really want to make the pattern, you could buy your own and fight like H^%# to get a refund for the stuff you bought! I prefer to just buy the pattern and get my own fabrics to cut anyway, just for this reason!

Blog Entries
    Read the whole thread folks please!! Northcott did make it right the very next day!

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    I would go higher up the chain with northcott, insist on speaking with the boss,the bosses boss, the bosses bosses boss etc.I do beleive you will get satisfaction. 80.00 bucks would be well worth a couple hours on the phone. Ifyou feel that you are not assertive enough have an assertive friend or I hate to say it but it works,a male make the calls. Do not hang up till you get satisfaction. They always have a "boss" above them, take names,. You may have to leave voice mails but don't give up they will get tired of it and issue a refund or yardage!
    I would also send emails to the CEO of the company.
    I would definitely do this. We need to stand up the this shabby customer service!!!!

Do not give up. Go to the LQS and ask for the owner or manager---they nee to either make it right and then deal with Northcott or your just being in the store with this problem will make them look bad to other customers. And honestly, if they won't help you, then I would not want to buy there anymore. If they won't resolve it, then call Northcott and ask for the manager over customer service. The first person you talk to is just an employee and they cannot make those decisions. If they don't help, then keep asking for the next highest manager/supervisor until someone listens. You should not have to pay for this and should get your money back. Stay tough and firm.

I agree with others about your returning the strips (cut ones too and have them deal with Northcott. I would go early so they are not dealing with a lot of customers and can give you the attention you deserve. Whether you spent $80 or $800 is not important- customers are essential to their business. And they know that quilters are well connected so they will want to do what is right.

It is inexcusable that neither Northcott nor Keepsake would help you. Manufacturers and retailers should realize that in this economy every customer has the potential to make or break a business. Call both back. Give them each the contact at the other establishment. While you have each of them on the phone remind them that you are involved in groups on the internet and they should reconsider the power of communication. In other words....."I have a keyboard and a big mouth". This is definitely something I would not let go without having it resolved.

This is exactly the reason I don't buy precuts. If the size is off I want it to be my mistake, I don't want to depend on someone else.

I also think the store should be the one to deal with their supplier. They should be held accountable. Thanks for sharing your story with us. We have all thought of buying those handy packages of precut strips. I really don't think you should let this rest. It's a drag having to be confrontational but eighty bucks is eighty bucks. Let us all know what happens okay?

Wonderful and refreshing that you let us know your positive experience. It is up to us to always be proactive for ourselves. Thank you for letting us know the outcome. Wish more people would read through the posts and know how you were helped and stopped with the negatives.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellesews
    He did say someone had called him, asked me if I had posted about it. I told him I had but that I would let everyone know he had made things right.
    Michelle G. :lol:
    :-P Glad you are getting this resolved. My prayers go out to you and your husband, as they do to all our troops. Thank you for your service. Thank your husband for us. God Bless. Brenda

Senior Member Claddaughquilting's Avatar
    I have always loved the quality of Northcott fabrics. I have never purchased anything pre-cut, so I will keep an eye out for that.
    As for Northcott, I am glad you followed up again with them, and had the problem resolved. I was very surprised to hear their initial reaction, because I have nothing but good things to say about the folks at Northcott. My guild (in Quebec) has contacted them a few times asking for fabric donations...for a cancer quilt, for doorprizes for the provincial guild meeting, and they have always been extremely generous. Please don't write Northcott off....they made a mistake and they are going to fix it.

Most times if you e-mail the ceo of the store and complain they will do something. As far as you starting to cut the fabric you would be expecting the fabric to be ok and not notice until you started working on it. Don't be nasty just explain your dissapointment in their product and see what they do that's to much money to let go you are the only loser if you don't persue even if it takes a few times. Sue

This is the quickest, most direct route. Years ago I worked for the CEO of major bank ... letters to him were taken seriously.

Northcutt must not need our business. How would it be in todays economy to be so big that they dont need quilters support?

Blog Entries
    I would go higher up the chain with northcott, insist on speaking with the boss,the bosses boss, the bosses bosses boss etc.I do beleive you will get satisfaction. 80.00 bucks would be well worth a couple hours on the phone. Ifyou feel that you are not assertive enough have an assertive friend or I hate to say it but it works,a male make the calls. Do not hang up till you get satisfaction. They always have a "boss" above them, take names,. You may have to leave voice mails but don't give up they will get tired of it and issue a refund or yardage!
    I agree with all of this and also remember to mention that you will give warning to any quilt guilds you are a member of and of course that you will post it here and on Facebook or Twitter. Maybe if they know that you are unhappy enough to spread the word world wide they will be more apt to do what is right for you.

Blog Entries
    Michelle, Fabric.com has a variety of stripped fabric by the yard starting at $7.95 a yard. If it were me and I wanted to make the quilt as bad as it seems you do, I would go back to the store, take cut strips with me, tell them you talked to Northcott and this was their instructions, get your money back, then order from Fabric. com. I have never been dissatisfied with Fabric.com.

Rettie V.grama

Shameful business practices. I will post this on all the quilting sites I am on.

Power Poster
    Wow That is a shame

Power Poster
    Wow That is a shame

I would be livid too. My ex husband told me this, while he was in business school, don't bother with just anybody corporate. Go to the VP in marketing, he or she will be really sensitive to any bad publicity. Send cc to everyone at the corporate level.
    I think that the June Tailor shape cut is just what I need. Thanks for the info, I might have been tempted to purchac a manufacturers jelly roll eventually.

Blog Entries
    We all know to ask for Bernie if we have a problem with Norhtcott. I'm so glad he came through for you. I really like Northcott fabrics and glad to know they aren't too big to not care.

Thanks for the warning! I hate getting ripped off. Did you talk to the super? I would think Northcott would want to make it right. However, I have luck sometimes when asking for the manager or super.

I wonder if these companies realize that probably almost all quilters are on some type of quilting board (or are in a guild) and when we have a problem, we post it, and it must make a difference to the companies sales, etc. This board alone goes overseas so I think Northcott (and others) should be careful with how they treat their customers. I know that I read these posts and it determines wheather or not I buy something or patronize a certain company.
    Hope it all works out for you, it's frustrating when we get "taken" and feel helpless.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5