Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A Tale of Quality Customer Service From Northcott

Thats wonderful things worked out for you. Thanks to your hubby for serving.

He did say someone had called him, asked me if I had posted about it. I told him I had but that I would let everyone know he had made things right.
    Michelle G. :lol:

Glad to hear it. I suspected that a company as big and good as Northcott might do something like this.

So happy you got the problem taken care of in a timely fashion. Prayers for your hubby and for you and your family. So appreciate all who serve our country to keep us safe.

By all means, send this message to the president of Northcott. Don't mess around with the underlings. It will get results. Northcott should be ashamed.

Sandy

Yikes! That's really scary. Thanks for the heads-up!

that is awful. They should replace the packages of strips! I make sure never to buy anything from them. Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Michellesews
    You are so sweet to send me that link, and I already have one! I was just trying to save myself time by buying the strips, I will never do that again...never! I needed so many lights and so many darks that the yardage was not available anyway, for me to cut my own strips. I am planning to weed out the strips I cannot use at all and try to find the yardage in that color. This quilt will end up costing me twice as much in the end. I guess it is an expensive lesson...if you want something done right, DO IT YOURSELF! lol.
    Michelle G.
    Try "Thousands of bolts website." They have the stone henge fabric by the yard. http://www.thousandsofbolts.com

I would not think in this case that it matters that the fabric was cut. Take it back to the store you bought it and let them deal with Northcott. I am sure the store is as eager to solve the problem as you are.

I would also send a letter to higher ups at Northcott to let them know the problem and how you werer treated.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad things worked out for you and prayers for your husbands safety.

They are not the only company that has uneven & small strips that are not 2 1/2" wide. My friend had trouble with some
    Bali strips that were not true to size also, she could not use them for the project intended, You have to look at them.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up. I will now only cut my own material so if a mistake is made it is mine. Most companies need better quality control.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky
    I heard a while back that the Bali Pops had the same problems, some were cut crooked, etc. The company claimed that it was because they were cut out of the country where the quality controls weren't in place. I have never purchased a Bali Pop due to that information.

Good luck with the solution and I advise you to keep at it, even though you have already cut some of the strips, I would go all the way to the top to get resolution!
    Unfortunately, I and a couple of my friends experienced a very expensive lesson with the Bali Pops....most in our packages were not even 2"....and we bought several because we loved the batiks....never again.....I hae purchased several pre-cuts (jelly rolls layer cakes, charm packs) from Moda and have NEVER had a problem....I will continue to spend my money on Moda fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the warning, and I didn't know there were tools to cut strips, so thank for that information. I will buy me some.

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    I would go higher up the chain with northcott, insist on speaking with the boss,the bosses boss, the bosses bosses boss etc.I do beleive you will get satisfaction. 80.00 bucks would be well worth a couple hours on the phone. Ifyou feel that you are not assertive enough have an assertive friend or I hate to say it but it works,a male make the calls. Do not hang up till you get satisfaction. They always have a "boss" above them, take names,. You may have to leave voice mails but don't give up they will get tired of it and issue a refund or yardage!
    I would also send emails to the CEO of the company.
    I am sorry this happened to you. I am glad that you have warned all of us about this poor customer service. But, I agree that you should follow up the chain of command until you get satisfaction. Hope that it will only take one or two more calls to the company. In the meantime, they should be warned that we quilters stick together and spread the news about great customer service as well as awful customer service. No Northcott for me! :-(

Don't give up yet. The key to winning in customer service issues is to keep going up the ladder. Call back and keep asking for that persons supervisor until you get to the right person. If they tell you they don't have a supervisor, ask them if they sign their own paycheck. Google Northcott and find out who their CEO is and write a letter. Someone will respond. AND above all, be the sweetest person on earth with everyone you talk to.

They need to replace the kit with useable strips. The store should take care of this for you and deal with Northcutt. Even if you've cut strips, take them back and explain that the strips were precut incorrectly and you want to have a new kit with properly cut strips. Wonder who cut the strips to begin with?????

Do you mean that the store employees will cut your strips? Iam asking because Iam not good at cutting and it would be great if I could ask them to do it.

Michelle, Sorry about your misfortune. But, I have to say that by the title of your post I thought this was going to be a story about GOOD Quality Customer Service.
    AGain.. So sorry to hear. I would like to inject though that I also have found strips from two other company's jelly rolls to be OFF.. and have vowed to now always cut my own. That is 3 different companies now selling Jelly Rolls where there product is not what it claims.
    Not good numbers so far.

I would go higher up the chain with northcott, insist on speaking with the boss,the bosses boss, the bosses bosses boss etc.I do beleive you will get satisfaction. 80.00 bucks would be well worth a couple hours on the phone. Ifyou feel that you are not assertive enough have an assertive friend or I hate to say it but it works,a male make the calls. Do not hang up till you get satisfaction. They always have a "boss" above them, take names,. You may have to leave voice mails but don't give up they will get tired of it and issue a refund or yardage!
    To get the names of higher-ups, go to your local library and go to the reference book table. Look up the company name in the Thomas Register or Dunn & Bradstreet. Do they listen? Yep, you'd better believe they listen. They figure for every one letter that comes in, there are thousands of people with the same conmplaint who didn't bother or know how to write. Go for it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

I agree - if you want action speak, write or email to the higher ups....as many as you can. One time I called and asked if I wanted to send a compliment about the store who would I send it to...they gave me the Corp. info. Then speak your mind.

I have had good responses from companies when I complain in letter and use CC: to the magazines that review the specific product. So I would suggest you write a letter to the CEO/President, Quality Control Manager, etc,. (or all of the above) and tell them what THEIR problem is. Be respectful, tell them exactly what happened, and tell them what you want them to do.
    Mention that you have already told the members of this Board and notified various quilting magazines of what has happened, and that we are ALL waiting to see how this problem is resolved. I bet you will have some new fabric and an apology in quick order.

I can't say for a fact, but my sister-in-law bought a pack of these and sewed two strips together, then cut them into 5 in strips and attached them to the 5in pre cut packages of squares...then we set the pattern she wanted to make on the design wall...as she was sewing them together, some were cut smaller than most of them...We don't know whether the 2 1/2 in strips were cut short or the 5 in blocks were short...but in either case both were pre cut items.... so it is caution in all of the precut packages....

I totally agree! That is what I would be doing until they made it right.

Diane

I agree also.Don't give up.Northcott doesn't want us all on there bad list.Hope they make it right very soon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast