Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
too much fabric >

too much fabric

too much fabric

Old 01-25-2010, 05:57 AM

It's a sickness but a wonderful one, I have a room full of fabric and I have no intentions of not buying more and more and more.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:09 AM

Dont we all secretly wish we lived in a fabric shop?
That way we have the ultimate stash.
Working in a shop, that clerk has access to all the fabric she needs so stash means nothing to her.
I need all the fabric there is so I can match whatever I am working on or planning to do.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:20 AM

I don't care what people think or say about my fabric. If I never sewed another stitch, I would still love fabric---I think of it like artwork. Isn't it beautiful? The different textures, patterns, hues and movement of color. I could hang some of it on the wall and just look at it.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

If a customer wants a certain amount of fabric and there is only a little left on the bolt (which at times is a whole extra yard) I ask if they want it all. Most will say they do as they can always use it somewhere, or that they can never have enough fabric. I enjoy hearing from our customers how much fabric they have, what they use it for etc. Then the next time they come in I have an idea what new fabric to point them to as well as ideas of what they could use it for. They love it!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:37 AM

too much fabric....what's up with that....no such thing
I have a friend that tells me God has a room for us to quilt in once we get to heaven....so there's fabric there too
Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 AM

Man, the mill end sounds awesome... too bad I don't have one near me (or maybe thats a good think, lol)
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM

I made my husband read this thread while home for lunch since he thinks I am the ONLY one who buys fabric not knowing what they are going to do with it and that I am the only one with fabric overflowing the bookshelves. I just stood there with a sweet, sweet smile on my face. Gotcha!
Wendy
Old 01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

I usually weight till the clerk offers me the rest at remant price so she doesn't have to put it back. and yes, i add to my stash all the time, or should i say piles!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 PM

Too much fabric? Yeah right, that is physically impossible! The lady at the fabric store should be thanking you. You buying fabric makes sure she has a job!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by samroberts01
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
The nice thing for me with my dh is that I tell him when I have as much fabric as he has bullets, then he can complain. (He NEVER has though.) Last night he walked into my fabric room and his eyes got really big. He just said, WOW! Looks like you got a lot of work in here to do, then walked out. Never a word about how much fabric. (I still have several more containers of fabric that haven't made it into this room yet to get organized.) Prior to this last month, I didn't really have any place to put my fabric where it could be organized, so my stash grew in large part because I didn't know where my fabric was, so I had to buy more when I wanted to do a project. Now, when I think about sewing, I can just walk downstairs and "shop" in my fabric room. Hallelujah!
Can I come shop at your house lol! You have more fabric than my LQS and I am not joking!
I want to shop there too! WOW