Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine >

Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine

Viking Sapphire Sewing Machine

Old 06-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi, this is a very interesting thread. I recently purchased a Viking 835 and am very happy with it. I have always owned Pfaffs so I was a little hesitant to make a change. My dealer offered a fantastic price ($750) so I thought I'd try it. She told me that some (not all) of the Vikings in the 830, 850 and 870 models did have tension problems when the line was first introduced, but that Viking corrected them and then changed the model numbers to 835, 855 and 875. She also said that there was an older style 1/4 inch foot that would also cause some problems but the new foot is fantastic. I don't know if that is a story, but it's what she told me :).

Anyway, I am very impressed with my Viking 835. It lays down a perfect stitch and I LOVE the buttonholes. They turn out simply perfect every time. The FMQ is a breeze. The pressure foot seems to float on the fabric like magic. The extra lighting and 10" throat really make the machine a keeper too.

Mary
Old 06-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Mary, that is similar to the Pfaff Creative Vision5.0- the newer one, the Pfaff CV 5.5 is now the upgraded one with all the flaws taken care of. Did you know that Pfaff is coming out with a new Top of the Line in August? It is all new shape, everything. I think they are calling it the Pfaff Creative Sensations.
Vernell
Old 06-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by vschieve
Mary, that is similar to the Pfaff Creative Vision5.0- the newer one, the Pfaff CV 5.5 is now the upgraded one with all the flaws taken care of. Did you know that Pfaff is coming out with a new Top of the Line in August? It is all new shape, everything. I think they are calling it the Pfaff Creative Sensations.
Vernell
Hi Vernell.....Yes, that's right! I had amost forgotten about that. We puchased a CV 5.0 floor model. Never had a lick of trouble with it, but of course they always keep the floor models in tip top shape. I had heard of other CV5.0 owners who were not so luckly until they upgraded to the 5.5. But then again, some folks had great luck with their 5.0 and others didn't.

I would never hesitate to buy a floor model again after buying the CV. The price was right and we knew the machine was in perfect order. My Sapphire was not a floor model, but everything is working great so far. I'm a very happy camper with both Viking and Pfaff.

Mary
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM

I work on a Sewing store and we sell the Sapphire's. I think there a great machine
Also sell Baby lock
Personally I have a Pfaff, Brother Nouvelle Quilter, Bernina. I like all of them
Old 06-12-2011, 10:42 AM

I have a dealer that is about an hour from me. She is a large store (actually has 2) and she switched from Viking to BabyLock a couple of years ago. She said it was for the same reason. She also carries Bernina.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:50 AM

SO....what is the price tag of the New Viking Diamond......probably more than the ones I have on my finger!!!!! I now have a viking #1Plus...yes she is old, but like me she still works well, but one day I will have to bite the bullet (or diamond) and shop........so let's hear the price of this new baby
Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 AM

OK if you purchase the Viking Diamond Deluxe before July 31, 2011 you get with it the chair; a very nice office chair with thick seat and back rest with Viking embroidery on the back rest, you get a certificate for all designs at www.myembroidery.com at 40% off through August 31, 2011, and if your dealer is an established Viking dealer you get 0% financing and have 36 months to pay for it. My dealer just started the Viking line so they could not give us the free financing so as a gift, they are giving the 5D Professional software package which I think retails close to $4 or 5,000. I know the 5D Suite for Pfaffs that came out last year was $5000 and this package I got with my Viking is compatible with my Pfaff 2170. Anyway, $9999 was total price. I robbed my IRA and got it over with! My retirement gift.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Actually, because of the SVP buyout (do a search here for SVP) many dealerships are NOT carrying Pfaff or Viking anymore. It seems that unless a dealer has an agreement to sell only the one manufacturer, they aren't allowed to sell the machines anymore. My dealership, the largest in N. CA I believe, had their Viking and Pfaffs yanked because they also sell Babylock, Bernina, Janome and others. And yes, the decline in quality of both Viking and Pfaff since the buy out has been discussed at length here (again you can do a search).
We have a dealer here in So. CA that sells all of the different brands :?: :?: :?:
Old 07-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Originally Posted by Candace
Actually, because of the SVP buyout (do a search here for SVP) many dealerships are NOT carrying Pfaff or Viking anymore. It seems that unless a dealer has an agreement to sell only the one manufacturer, they aren't allowed to sell the machines anymore. My dealership, the largest in N. CA I believe, had their Viking and Pfaffs yanked because they also sell Babylock, Bernina, Janome and others. And yes, the decline in quality of both Viking and Pfaff since the buy out has been discussed at length here (again you can do a search).
We have a dealer here in So. CA that sells all of the different brands :?: :?: :?:
I just found out last week from a former Bernina sales person that Berninas have been made in China long before the Pfaffs. Major components in Vikings and Pfaffs are still made in Sweden.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Well I love my Designer SE. I know you will love your new Diamond!