Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019

Old 06-29-2019, 03:22 PM

I haven't been quilting but I have been sewing. I finished 2 dresses and two pairs of shorts for my 6 month old granddaughter. Her family is going to the beach this week so I made her a dress with mermaids. I also did one with lady bugs.

I made some curtains for my downstairs bathroom but they need some trim put on the. Then I need to make some curtains for my kitchen. My husband has been repainting it. I also have to clean out the breakfast nook so he can start working on that room.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:25 PM

Next week I hope to machine quilt my granddaughter's quilt and maybe a quilt I made for my friend's birthday. My friend's daughter is getting married in September. I have two quilt tops that I was planning on giving to someone but I may just do those as a shower present since she has nothing on her registry.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
My beach trip has been rescheduled for tomorrow, so today is quilting day (along with household chores). This is my Grandmother's Flower Garden that has been my work in progress for 2 years. I would love to get these last three rows done by the end of the year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614323[/ATTACH]
IrishgalfromNJ - looking great, I have one that has been in progress for I think 7 or 8 years? GFG's are so relaxing to stitch and are addicting also.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:42 PM

Not much sewing for me today, did some yard work before it got too hot. Then cleaned the sewing room and set up my machine to do some free motion work, but never got to do the sewing. Did make the 8 year old grandsons ball game this afternoon, I was glad that there was a tent covering the bleachers. It was about 89 in the shade with heat index of 98, and will be warmer tomorrow. I can't go to the game tomorrow because I have a wedding shower at 11. Then after that I can sew again. This evening I was working on a non sewing project, I am way behind on a commission project. I reset up my glass supplies and started this tonight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614345[/ATTACH]

It was fun trying to figure out where I stashed all my tools. The project is going to be mostly different clear textured glass with splashes of color.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0173c.jpg  
Old 06-29-2019, 11:57 PM

Yeh! Got another lg lap quilt bound. And trimmed the next one. Used to be a scinch. Now they're getting too heavy. Batting must have gone up in thickness.

We're enjoying the 80 degree weather. Most of the windows are open. Humidity is very low as usual. Enjoying while I can. It'll go to 100+ soon enough.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:16 AM

I wasn't sure if I was going to get into the quilt studio or not. Turned into rain in the afternoon so did get 6 jelly roll rugs cut out yesterday. Don't know if I will get to the machine or not though, grandson fourth birthday party today, and anniversary for DH and I. Sunny this am with chance of showers this afternoon. Maine summers are short, got to take advantage of being outside when we can..Thank you Raggiemom for these VQW, they keep us motivated, that is for sure.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:30 AM

Got the baby quilt sandwiched this morning, won't quilt on it until Tuesday, but good to get it this far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]614350[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails june-30-2019-girl001_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 06-30-2019, 08:33 AM

That's so cute Thimblebug! I"m sure the recipient will love it! I just finished a baby quilt for my physical therapist. It was a bit of a challenge because I didn't know the sex of the baby or the colors of their nursery and had only a couple weeks to make it which mostly meant a couple weekends as I'm back working part time now. I found some cute juvenile fabric with dogs on it (he loves his dog) and used that. I think he really appreciated that I thought of him so it was good.

I'm going to try to get up to the sewing room and work on my husband's quilt but I'm having trouble getting motivated so we shall see. I might end up just working on my hexie project which is getting close to being finished.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:44 AM

I pieced the back of a quilt I finished piecing in early spring. It's also now sandwiched, so next is actually quilting it. It isn't too big, and I'm off most of this week, so I hope to get that done soon.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:06 AM

Thimblebug; cute quilt.