Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What notions are a waste of money? >

What notions are a waste of money?

What notions are a waste of money?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:26 AM

My favorite strip cutter is the June Tailor Shape Cutter Pro. It cuts in 2 1/2" increments so you can cut jelly rolls, charm squares or layer cakes and it is so simple and accurate. You can cut several layers of fabric at once. Turns a yard of fabric into desired cuts in just a few minutes. It sells for about $64 but is worth every penny. I have a small shop and wouldn't be without it.
Nancy
www.nancystrunk.com
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The chalk I have for the Pounce stays in place until heat is applied and it disappears. One press with a warm iron and it's gone. It only came white when I bought it but I think it comes in blue now. I'm still using the first bag and it's several years old.

I use the Gypsy Grippers all the time. I have three sizes. It took a while to get use to them but now I feel unsafe not using one when I'm cutting. I know I don't have to worry about have a cutting accident using it. And my ruler does not slip at all. Mostly I rough cut fabric for the Go and don't do much precise cutting anymore.

If you have the F&P red and cream seam ripper the round end pulls the stitches right out of the fabric after unripping. Just rub the end on the stitches. No need to pull them out one by one by hand. It's fast.
Great tip on using end of handle to remove threads.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Ditto on bicycle clips. Mine are metal and actually work. I don't use them unless I have a king size quilt.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:08 PM

I also love my bounce and I am so glad they came out with the blue chalk. Someone said they had more colors now. I would be interested to know.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:14 PM

When I am sewing I wind a piece of masking tape into a circle around my hand and put it on the side of my machine. That is where all my loose thread is kept until it will not stick anymore. The back side is good for getting other run-away threads off the floor then trash it.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Hello yall if you have anything you do not use pm me. I am building up my tools.

Thank you
Chris