Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 12-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Dusty'smomma got your beautiful runner today. It's on my living room coffee table right now. It is so beautiful and let me tell you, your new machine does absolutely beautiful embroidery. Mine is the cheapest model you can buy and now I can see what a huge difference it makes. I'll just hire you if your willing, I could have you do all kinds of things. I can even send you all the thread since I bought the BIG kit of all the colors. All I'm doing is using it on quilting for the final trim. Anyway enough of that, I love it and thank you so much! PS.....called the brat and told her that she had a present of licorice and a surprise at my house from you....[ATTACH=CONFIG]450069[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]450070[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1719.jpg   dscf1720.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Dusty'smomma got your beautiful runner today. It's on my living room coffee table right now. It is so beautiful and let me tell you, your new machine does absolutely beautiful embroidery. Mine is the cheapest model you can buy and now I can see what a huge difference it makes. I'll just hire you if your willing, I could have you do all kinds of things. I can even send you all the thread since I bought the BIG kit of all the colors. All I'm doing is using it on quilting for the final trim. Anyway enough of that, I love it and thank you so much! PS.....called the brat and told her that she had a present of licorice and a surprise at my house from you....
I'm willing! I love the new machine & I'm so glad I got a good one. I didn't get to do the last touch on your runner that I wanted to, but it looks like it's happy on your coffee table anyway. It's a perfect fit too! I actually used to have the sofa table to match your coffee table. My ex's mom has it now in her hallway.

I'm hoping that Brat won't beat me for what I sent her. Perhaps you'll have to help her with it.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:35 AM

uh oh you sent me something I might want to beat you for? yikes! I rarely want to beat anyone .. ok sometimes I get this strong urge to take my hand and smack someone right on the back of the head like my mom used to do.. she called it "beeege" and would say what were you thinking? I so far have over come this urge to do something so hideous but it cross my mind. I doubt anything you sent would incur such a thought honest. now if the roads were not so icy I would be zooming over to Jabas to get it! I am a chicken on the ice. Its not icy its solid ice. big difference. should warm up to the 20's next week so for sure then. Jaba and I are going to a Scarlett hatters luncheon. Join the old gals in a goofy lunch should be marvelously good.

I am working on a smock. OMG I suck at reading real patterns. this is harder than I thought lol. an apron with arm hole? oh my god. lol.. its tough stuff .. and I wanted to make two. maybe the second one will turn out easier than the first. I like those good old fashioned bib aprons. one piece lol with ties I can do that.. but I went for it with this one and am determined it will work. sigh.. place mats I swear placemats are such a better idea
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 PM

OK, you might beeege me, lol. It's not your housewarming gift though. That will come later. I have all the materials, and I could tease you with them, but I won't. They came from Atlanta. I'm a chicken on ice too, so don't worry.

Speaking of Atlanta, we're going to Atlanta tomorrow overnight. Why? Well I'm glad you asked. You see, there's this football game there tomorrow afternoon. It's kinda a big deal, I hear (heehee). The local university which I know very little about (yes, I'm stretching! WAR EAGLE!) seems to have made it into their conference championship after last Saturday's "earthquake" finish (http://www.thewareaglereader.com/201.../#.UqKT6_RDurg).

Yep, we've got tickets! They're nosebleed seats, but we'll be there! I'm excited because I've never been to this big of a game before. So if Jaba & Brat hear someone screaming WAR EAGLE tomorrow afternoon from somewhere off in the distance, yeah, it's us...

I just hope I don't pay for this for days & don't hinder the man on the trip.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 PM

College stadiums not to bad for nose bleed sections...they're not as high as NFL. Use to go to the University of Wyoming games a lot many years ago and they are fun. Always cold here and the hot chocolate and schnapps flowed pretty well. Now we just go to Denver Bronco games or Seattle Seahawks. Those do have the nose bleed sections for sure but they have elevators for handicap also which makes it very nice. You just have to get up to the 1st floor, lots of walking the ramps. This is the first year we haven't gone to a couple of the games but on Sundays I don't miss the Bronco's game. Hope you have a good time and I'll be listening for your yell
Old 12-06-2013, 09:37 PM

This game is in the Georgia Dome, where the Atlanta Falcons play. I'm hoping for those ramps!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:42 AM

You better be!! Just tell Mario to go ahead and you'll meet him at half time Just to fill everyone in, it's frigid cold here and lots of snow. Roads are still ice packed and right now it's a whole -16....stay warm my friends!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 AM

last night when we went to bed Jaba it was with wind chill -27 in Cody according to the weather man. Not sure how that whole number thing works but -15 equaled -27 with wind 3 miles an hour. Amazing how just a little wind can go a long way towards freezing your fingers off!

I went to Stanford games with my father when I was a kid. We went all the time, mom wouldn't go just my older sis and I and boy was it a super time. I have been to one professional game at the age of 32 and was Horrified lol by how everyone boo'd the opposing team. I thought MY GOD those are someones kids they are working just as hard as our team.. lol and well that was when it was confirmed I suck as a team fan. apparently that is NOT what one is to be thinking .. we were in these wonderful lower box seats too making it that much harder for me to watch. I was not invited to another which was perfectly fine with me. So now when Steve watches his game I simply sew. quiet time for me. I rooted for the kids in school but thought wouldn't it be nice if everyone won. the old its about fun right? LOL.. no more painted indian war marks for the brat. (back then the Stanford team was known as the Indian not the cardinals).. you guys crack me up and wondering, how you will maneuver those stairs in your fancy heals dustysmomma! yikes.. (do you own sneakers too?) hope all of you have winning Sundays no matter what your doing/watching
Old 12-08-2013, 10:49 AM

I hear you, still cold here, right now -6. Been writing out Christmas checks for the last hour and a half, they are done! Have a few things to wrap and mail then I will be set. Bronco's play at 2:30 so that's where I'll be.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 AM

A good time was had by all, and in case you haven't heard, we won! WAAAAR EAGLE HEY!! They rolled Toomers corner after the game, then rolled it again when Ohio State lost. We'll find out for sure tonight when the BC selection show comes on at 7:30 central if we're going to play in Pasadena for the national championship. If the man can get tickets, and I can take 2 days off work, we're going! He said since we were able to get SEC championship tickets, that it shouldn't be a problem, but we'll know more in a couple days. Jaba, he was so sweet last night. He waited for me while I ran in the bathroom right before we went to our seats right before the game, held my hand while we walked the steep steps to our upper deck seats, then told me I wasn't allowed to leave until halftime because it might jinx us. Then he walked down ahead of me so I could hang on to him on the way down after the game since it was crowded.

Brat, I didn't wear heels to the game, lol. I have a pink pair of Brooks walking shoes that I wore instead. I don't wear heels any further than I have to, since they kill my feet anymore. Oh, speaking of my gold heels (because I know Brat was thinking about them), I have to figure out what I'm wearing to the Christmas party at the university president's house in 9 days. Something to go with my gold shoes, obviously! I have a dress I maybe "could" wear, and I could even wear the green/gold one again, but I need to get some "Boob Glue" first (http://vimeo.com/80965955)

I hope the weather gets better where you ladies are soon! Please don't send it to us! I'm reminded of Lewis Black, who said that the first national public works project should be a wall across the border with Canada, because that's where the cold weather comes from!

Last edited by DustysMomma; 12-08-2013 at 11:59 AM.