Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 08-19-2023, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
Oh Janice your pup is adorable.
I believe you received mine yesterday but not recorded.

so my motorhome is on Long Island NY since June getting repaired. I am in upper NH. Guess where my traveling stash is! I do have my sewing machines and the basics.
Oh well if I must go to quilt store, I must! and if I need to go more than once, I will. Just saying how dedicated I am to you all
We appreciate your 'sacrifice' on our behalf, TG... LOL!

Woo hoo... over half the F8s are IN! My surgery is 5 days out, so I won't get to start block making with you all, but I'll be watching you go and cheering you on! I'll be trying to sew as soon as I can move my arms again. In the mean time I can pet all the pretty fabrics and choose what to go with them.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend!

Old 08-19-2023, 05:53 PM

Wow, a single day away and so much to catch up on. I spent yesterday and most of today with the three grands that live close by while their parents were away enjoying some time on Lake Michigan aka The Big Lake. The kiddos helped me and my committee of picnic planners set up for an evening picnic in my condo neighborhood. So nice to visit with folks and to reacquaint ourselves with neighbors we seldom see. Yummy food including an Egyptian dish with pasta, lentils, chick peas and rice. Such vibrant spices to make it sing. Not hot but flavorful. Then we had the customary picnic fair of potato salad, deviled eggs, pies and blueberry cobbler. So proud of my grandkiddos for being helpful and friendly to folks they did not know.

Logcabin, I am so sorry you have a sick kitty. It hurts so when they are ill. Sewbiz, 5 days out and I am sure there is plenty to do before that date but then take your time to heal, recover, get those muscles moving and rest in peace that this unexpected event will pass and you will be stronger in the end. Gaze at those packages and plan, plan, plan until you can get yourself back to the cutting mat and machine. Prayers for all of the kitty, our friend and the young older friend who is battling cancer.

Ta-Ta until tomorrow or may be Monday.

Old 08-19-2023, 06:41 PM

Janice your pittie is so darn cute.

All2pieces so sorry about your friend, sending hugs and prayers

Sewbiz after my breast surgery I could sew pretty quickly after the surgery but you might remember I couldn’t cut my fabric for a longer period of time. Just listen to your body

Duckling hope kitty feels better soon.

WMUTech, hopefully next year we are going back to beautiful Michigan, this year we drove on the Lake Superior side and next time we would like to see the Lake Michigan side
Old 08-20-2023, 02:24 AM

Good morning. Lots of newsy news yesterday. Love all the chatter.

TG, it’s too bad about you being parted from your stash. I hope there are nice LQSs nearby for you to peruse. It’s always a fun time going through all the fabric. I used to have a large stash of blenders but it’s diminished in recent Booms and I’ve cut up the smaller chunks into strips for some quilt tops. This round I’ll be shopping the LQS to get most of what I’ll need and for a few specialty fabrics.

More about the dog. My pittie has been through five Mast Cell surgeries. I think we dote on her more than we should since we’ve decided that we won’t put her through another one as she’s already nearly 12. It seems we’re in a holding pattern for the next one so we fill each of her days with fun and love. We also have a 13 yo cat who is a real troublemaker but we love him.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 08-20-2023, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82
Sorry I haven’t posted or sent mine yet. My cat has been very sick and I’ve been dealing with her health issues the past few days.
LogCabin, so sorry to hear about your cat. Prayers for healing
Old 08-20-2023, 04:02 AM

Good morning to all. Sorry I did not get to take a picture of my fabrics. I am thinks fall with this set. Lots of muted fall colors. A friend was moving and DE-stashed before she left and I was the honorable recipient. These fabrics were clustered together in a bag by themselves, Already cut into fat 8ths. I thought these would be perfect for a fall quilt.

Yesterday I joined a group of local veterans on a day trip to DC, I was so enjoyable and emotional. The Wall was the amazing part, helping these men find friends and loved ones and then seeing the emotion on their faces. Hearing their stories. One of the men is an amazing storyteller that he had actually gathered a crowd of people just listening with attention, including the park ranger. Lots of tears shed. It was a day I will never forget. It has forever changed my view on the holidays we celebrate for our military. If you ever get a chance hug a veteran and thank them for their service.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

Janice, I am putting mine in the mail Monday morning.
Your doggy is precious!
SBG- good luck with your surgery. Lots of prayers for you.
Duckling, hope your kitty gets better. Our furkids are so important.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:25 PM

Lstew, I took a pic of most of your fabrics but there’s glare so it’s not great. It’ll give Boomers an idea of what your sending though.
Originally Posted by Lstew2212
Good morning to all. Sorry I did not get to take a picture of my fabrics. I am thinks fall with this set. Lots of muted fall colors. A friend was moving and DE-stashed before she left and I was the honorable recipient. These fabrics were clustered together in a bag by themselves, Already cut into fat 8ths. I thought these would be perfect for a fall quilt.
Attached Thumbnails img_4324.jpeg  
Old 08-20-2023, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Lstew, I took a pic of most of your fabrics but there’s glare so it’s not great. It’ll give Boomers an idea of what your sending though.
Thank you so much, Janice. Anything is better than nothing.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:34 PM

Is there any way to search for a thread? I am looking for the tutorial on "Quilt as you go" I know there was one on the Forum. Thank you in advance for the help.