Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap >

Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap

Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap

Old 11-19-2011, 11:16 PM

And of course the "princess" rules -

Now Luv- if you get a merry-go-round we would have to rescue you from all that dizzy Lizzy syndrome. Of course, if you go the Tin Lizzie and all the bells and whistles - we would no see you at all

As for my list - just a few extra "quiet" hours would be nice and a redesigned sewing room ( without the two year old's bed in it ) and of course CHOCOLATE
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm Here just busy making squares and playing with my GO and sewing machine. Waiting to see all the pretty Christmas fabric! I will be able to start early this year on next years Christmas decorations,
Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
My favorite - and still today- is the merry go round.. I keep asking Hubby to get one for our lil princess so she can spin ME around!! Lol.

Ugh- I'm so not ready for the holiday.. I need another month or two. I took our princess to toys r us and gave her my phone to take picks of what Santa should bring her .. Geeeeeeeez her list is long !!! I only want one thing... I'm easy... A brand new long arm with table and all bells and whistles.. See???? I'm easy !!
YOUR PRINCESS RULES. IF YOU GET A LONG ARM I WILL BE A FREQUENT VISITOR
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by grandme26 View Post
YOUR PRINCESS RULES. IF YOU GET A LONG ARM I WILL BE A FREQUENT VISITOR

ME -TOO - Do you have room for all of us to visit? Imagine how much trouble -QUILTING- WE COULD DO !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
And of course the "princess" rules -

Now Luv- if you get a merry-go-round we would have to rescue you from all that dizzy Lizzy syndrome. Of course, if you go the Tin Lizzie and all the bells and whistles - we would no see you at all

As for my list - just a few extra "quiet" hours would be nice and a redesigned sewing room ( without the two year old's bed in it ) and of course CHOCOLATE
Originally Posted by grandme26 View Post
I'm Here just busy making squares and playing with my GO and sewing machine. Waiting to see all the pretty Christmas fabric! I will be able to start early this year on next years Christmas decorations,
Now Ive been looking at the Innova 22... hubbie likes the gammil- I just dont see the difference ( only in price) but i dont know if any dealers close to me to be able to service if I get one.. So who knows...

Grandme26- I have a GO too! I love mine.. Ive most dies ( minus the recent appliques) I dont like the strips, I can cut them faster with the rotary. But I love the 2x2, rectangle and the tumblers the best.. RECENTLY use the 8in rag, OMG i cannot imagine cutting the rag ends by hand.. !!!! Went together pretty smoothly and fast.. but it sure does eat up the mat... Glad I have back up mats to the back up mats...
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
ME -TOO - Do you have room for all of us to visit? Imagine how much trouble -QUILTING- WE COULD DO !!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a spare room turned sewing room... and the long arm would take up one of the other two spare guest rooms. But if I put the daybed in there it can still double as a guest room if need be.. Hey- for a long Arm I WILL MAKE DO !!! I have a rotary mat on the formal dining room hidden by a formal tablecloth so no one knows its there.. lol.. So if I need to cut larger items I use that mat.. its pretty big table- seats 8-10 and my mat fits it perfectly like it was made for it.. lol.. I recently had a friend come over to show me and another lady how to make a tote.. we had plenty of room..

Ive been making up easy peasy tops to practice IF i get a long arm for Christmas.. Trying to use up my scraps and make room in my sewing..
Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Sounds like a grand idea Luv. Of course the long arm will be in 24 hour operation mode, so one can

sleep, one can quilt

You will have all of your swap squares assembled and ready to quilt !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 PM

I just finished picking, washing, peeling, and chopping, and cooking a 10 gal bucket of pears... I will freeze the pulp for future pear jam when i run out of stock in my cellar.. I have enough pulp to make at least 6 batches of pear jam .. Whoo Hoo.. !!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
I just finished picking, washing, peeling, and chopping, and cooking a 10 gal bucket of pears... I will freeze the pulp for future pear jam when i run out of stock in my cellar.. I have enough pulp to make at least 6 batches of pear jam .. Whoo Hoo.. !!!!!
YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had pear trees in TX and pear jelly, pear butter and pear cobbler all winter. I fondly remember making strawberry and peach preserves with my aunt and cousins in IN.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:36 AM

I am totally making chocolate truffles tonight. If they turn out...I'll share the recipe!!!