Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Those blocks are beautiful! Love all the colors and brightness!
Laurel
Old 08-07-2013, 08:06 PM

Great eye candy swappers !!! This will give me pleasant dreams tonight. Hubby having skin cancer surgery tomorrow Going to be a lot of sitting around and waiting. Will be taking a baby quilt to bind.

Can't wait to see more fabrics- I LOVE fabric
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
By the way- all the food talk has made me gain weight already- but keep the ideas coming- always need new food to try
Yep, I'm behind reading this thread, so I just saw this. It made me think of this dish I'm trying to figure out a way to get everyone to want next week. The man & I love it, but Dusty says he's not big on it.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...cheddar-grits/
Old 08-08-2013, 03:58 AM

Chickadee - those prints are gorgeous - I'm not so much in batiks - but these are really making me change my mind!! They are beautiful!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:11 AM

Those are some very pretty batiks I love them all perfect fall leaf color. The dog and kitty parade always makes me smile they are all so very special to us. I rely on my cats for friendship a lot. Its hard to watch them when they are suffering to be sure so I hope the surgery for your little dog went ok.

Today is a clinic day, not much will get done. I get so pooped out! I might pull my fabrics though. I am going fall for swapping and will have a Halloween ready for an angel runner if need be (please don't make me use it). I hope all of you have a fun fabric playing day and keep up the sharing its awesome. I hope we get some more sign ups but not 10000 ok good shot at getting left off the trade list if there are 10000 my sorting out is NOT that good currently we are safe I think under 30 so I can work with that for sure 40 even. How these swap leaders can do 90 is amazing to me. That is a lot of keeping track .. more than the brat has ever done.. so feel free to sign up we would love to have you.. closer to 90 I might kick myself however!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:49 AM

Oksewnsew, I have a ton of blackberries coming on so hit the road and come load up! I didn't get around to making the pie yesterday, ended up helping DH plant pine trees - and we live in the middle of the woods! So, picking rhubarb today and making that pie. Picking enough to take to the neighbors and my berry picking friend too.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Chickadee - Those blocks are GORGEOUS!

Retired Fire Chief - I think if she could, Oksewnsew, aka my Mom, would hit the road and come for pie! ;-) She's the one who got ME in to quilting, and twisted my arm to join this swap too. LOL
Old 08-08-2013, 08:01 AM

Being new to this - I must be missing something. Is there more than 1 posting of fabrics chosen? Are there posting of pattern ideas? Am I missing a link to see more pictures?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:10 AM

Hi, MartiMorga, and welcome!! Love having new swappers. Back in post #135, the hostess/grand schemer of this swap included a link to a lot of pictures of fall table runners. (Your post is #168). This is the link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rs&FORM=HDRSC2

The couple of pictures of batik blocks and some batik fabrics over the last day or so have been idea-floating. We all tend to get excited about thinking what we might do and the fabrics we've found that might work. However, many of us won't even get the fabric and pattern figured out until after we get our swap partner's name and PM the partner to discuss what they like/think would be fun. Hope that helps! Karen
Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Karen well said and thank you! Also if you type in fall quilts on pinterest.com they have some great ideas there also if only there was time to make them all! I like to see what colors have been chosen and what patterns other people use so I can say yeah that works for me or heck no.. not into that at all. Saves unnecessary cutting. As you can see some people are very specific NO Halloween or pumpkins and others not so much so hopefully when you PM the partner you are given you can get a better sense of what they might like and work from there. We have a lot of sign ups everytime I turn on the computer one more! two more! yipppeee. We just finished a summer table runners swap which you might want to check into just for a sense of the types of runners we have been making. Some are hexigons and table toppers a few were really long narrow ones and the rest in between. It helps to know if your partner is thinking for the coffee table or for the end table or dinner table.. or maybe just to hang it on the wall. All I truly ask is you keep in contact with your partner when your given one and that you do the best job you can do. Just read the instructions at the beginning and if your game.. read the last few pages to see what everyone is thinking or sharing.