Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 04-27-2013, 05:44 PM

Wedding photo with my sister in law. Was stressful and now to get home to my sewing buddie.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:00 PM

The visual of you getting chased around the kitchen by the scorpion just made me laugh...thanks for the story!

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Ha! Brat, put me in the summer pile please! I just found my table runner pattern on the internet! Now I'm in limbo again . . . waiting on my partner to get colors. Machine is still in the garage. Looking like we're hitting 100 degrees on Monday. I'll be sewing EARLY in the morning (garage is still cool). Trying to get my gd home where she belongs . . . and get my sewing room back (with AC).

Found my first hairy desert scorpion just strolling through my kitchen like he owned it. Tried to schew him out the door with an envelope and the stinker chased me all around the kitchen. Every time i pushed him with the envelope he came back at me. Have to start wearing bigger shoes. Just had my flip flops on and he was too big to squish with wimpy shoes. He's gone now though.

KAT
Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 PM

Lovely photo, Beth how happy you two are!

Marybeth its only so long before they figure out wht it is but that buzzer sounds like a great solution interum.. if she wont wear it put it on her walker tattle without her knowing

Runners runners runners.. KEEP signing up ladies there are never enough partners!!!

I unfortunately need real lemons Dustysmomma! I am unsure what I would do with modern yellow and dots.. you stumped me there lol.. I am so not too modern.. a bit of a wild streak and I go right back to cozy? in my world thats old colors old style just lean back and curl up I get near modern and I panic!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 AM

RED ALERT (ok BRAT ALERT)
Dustysmomma is doing a survey on theme for her next swap. You dont have to join this swap to vote. I am asking all loyal brat'iacs to pop on over there and vote for seasonal/holiday or batiks so I can join again!!!! (any of you not agreeing with this shush now I am talking first!).. please? por favor? I would hate to have to do a sewing theme or like airplanes or flying machines or something.. so whip on over and raise those numbers. The silly woman has ok'd this AND she wont let me vote 50 times like American Idol does. Or I would
Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 AM

The very first swap I participated in was a Santa block swap. All the blocks had to have Santa on them. Some were pieced Santa faces, and some of blocks were using Santa fabrics. The blocks made a cute quilt. Got me hooked for sure. I voted seasonal.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
RED ALERT (ok BRAT ALERT)
Dustysmomma is doing a survey on theme for her next swap. You dont have to join this swap to vote. I am asking all loyal brat'iacs to pop on over there and vote for seasonal/holiday or batiks so I can join again!!!! (any of you not agreeing with this shush now I am talking first!).. please? por favor? I would hate to have to do a sewing theme or like airplanes or flying machines or something.. so whip on over and raise those numbers. The silly woman has ok'd this AND she wont let me vote 50 times like American Idol does. Or I would

So where do we pop over to to vote on the theme??? I went and looked and can't find anything.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:25 AM

HOME DECOR SWAP by dustysmomma (it just closed recently)

oh oh a santa swap? IN! lol guess that wont be for a bit but now is a good idea, do it in the summer swap is finished come sept then there is actually time to sew them together. what great placemats that would make! all different but how can they not be coordinated! oh I vote for Santa's lol..
Old 04-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
I agree! The buzzer in & out of the facility is very important if you have a senior who wanders. Where my dad's mom lived, they had someone stationed at a desk in the main sitting room at the front door. They had to buzz you in & out. Where mom's mom was, there was no danger of her wandering off, so that wasn't an issue. Where my boyfriend's grandmother was, until she died at 103, you could get in, but you had to be buzzed out.
I read this and started laughing my butt off thinking about my husband. About 3 years ago, he got food poisoning something fierce - his electrolytes were way off and he stared having arrhythmia because of it. The docs in the ER couldn't figure out why things were so screwed up so they put him in overnight for observation. Now, prior to them realizing something was really, really wrong, he got up to the bathroom and passed out inside. This big old 300# doctor tries to get in the bathroom and lift Doogie (my husband who is 240# and 6'4") up all by himself. It worked until Doogie passed out again ON the Dr, they both fell backwards and the Dr ended up ripping the "oh sh!t" handle off the wall with his back.

SO, when they decided to keep him overnight, they put him on a geriatric floor (nurses who can lift) and put a bed alarm under him so the alarms would go off if he got up again.

Talking about being buzzed in & out of facilities made me think of being buzzed in and out of your own bed to pee.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
It worked until Doogie passed out again ON the Dr, they both fell backwards and the Dr ended up ripping the "oh sh!t" handle off the wall with his back.

SO, when they decided to keep him overnight, they put him on a geriatric floor (nurses who can lift) and put a bed alarm under him so the alarms would go off if he got up again.

Talking about being buzzed in & out of facilities made me think of being buzzed in and out of your own bed to pee.
That's hilarious! They did that to my ex-husband because he wouldn't stay in bed after he had his stomach removed. He was too worried about going downstairs to smoke...on a smoke-free campus! So, here he goes in his hospital gown, with his IV pump, 3 antibiotics, and a PCA (DIY pain meds on a lock-out timer) pump, sneaking out and going out to stand on the sidewalk in front of the CVS across the street from the hospital so he could smoke! They caught him coming back & put him on a bed alarm too! They told him if he was going to smoke, they had to take down his PCA pump before he could leave the floor. Something to do with what he was on I think. Thing was, what he didn't think about was what a pain it was to get them to come back & hook it back up while he was laying there in misery from going walkabout!

They ended up letting him go early, too early in my opinion, because he wouldn't behave and pitched such a fit about it all.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 AM

Ok here I am about to do a shameless plug for the swap here:

Sign ups last week to sign up!! This is a fun swap, lots of lively chat with wonderful quilters! Creative ideas all over the place, funny chatter about everything and most anything, good advice.. beautiful end results ..

JOIN! We would love to have you!! the theme is Summer Fun! which could mean a Patriotic runner or a Picnic Runner, or Summer Flowers! or whatever you think you would like to receive or send just drop your hat in with the rest of us and see how much fun summer can be!!!

SEND A PM to me and I will gladly sign you in with the rest of the team