Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
nix that last comment that was for the tropical runner swap going on in Anastasia's last runner swap. DORK! (me).

I just read your last post.........and went WHAT ????? did i miss something. Whew.......glad you corrected that
Old 04-27-2013, 05:02 AM

I would like lemons the kind that are on trees just lemons I want to do a if life gives you lemons wall hanging for the kitchen

First names, then pick fabrics that work with your partners desired summer theme and then show some fabrics and then sneak peaks... and then your partner gets to show the TADA pictures. off to clinic enjoy your happy weekend sewing. I am envious!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:43 AM

I am open to either one summer or patroitic........i even like the idea of having a reverseable runner/mat. I love bright and cheery. I am ready to get started on this.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I would like lemons the kind that are on trees just lemons I want to do a if life gives you lemons wall hanging for the kitchen

First names, then pick fabrics that work with your partners desired summer theme and then show some fabrics and then sneak peaks... and then your partner gets to show the TADA pictures. off to clinic enjoy your happy weekend sewing. I am envious!
Darn it. I have this yellow fabric with a little black & white on it that is screaming "I'm a mug rug! I'm a runner! Just make me!" so I was hoping you meant the color, lol.

I doubt I'll get any sewing in today. I'm going to work on one of my side jobs. He needs his quarterly payroll tax forms done by the end of the month, plus I'm hoping he got me a couple missing bank statements. Then I get home & we have to go to one of my boyfriend's colleague's homes for dinner tonight. He's got family visiting from out of town, so we've been invited over for some authentic Indian food. MMM! They're the most Americanized Indian family I've ever seen, but they still eat according to their heritage, and boy am I glad. We have a few friends who are Indian, and it's a big treat when we're invited to their house to eat!

Tomorrow has been dedicated as my sewing day, and next Sunday too! One of the ladies that works for my boyfriend has requested an "arts & crafts day" with me, since I quilt and crochet. It sounded like she was hoping to get some lessons in both. So I sent her a message last night & she may be coming tomorrow to play after she finishes her chores!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 AM

I'm in...pm sent. exciting!!!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM

Well it took me forever to catch up! you ladies are real chatter boxes! I am excited about making a table topper for summer fun. I think I want to make one that would work good on a picnic table. As a center piece. I actually have something in mind, but will be good and wait for my partners name!

We are dealing with my Mom and her wandering off from her home. She has now done it twice! She get her little walker and just walks right out the front door, headed to God only knows where! The first time she called me from her Cell phone about a mile and half from the home. She was at least 2.5 miles from my house still. She said she was headed over for a cup of coffee!@@ URG... The second time the facility called me and said she left again! So I wandered around looking for her, she had walked about a mile to a park and was just sitting on the bench watching the kids.

So tell me what do I do about it? They tested her and she has nothing "wrong" at first they thought Alzheimer's, but yesterday that was ruled out! What to do what to do... Any way don't mean to rag here but thought you wonderful ladies would have some insight as to what we could do? I already go over to visit about every other day and My sister goes on the days I don't, we are so afraid she is going to get hurt! And as much as we would like them to not allow her to leave it is against the law to force someone to stay!

It is like dealing with a 3 year old sometimes.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Well it took me forever to catch up! you ladies are real chatter boxes! I am excited about making a table topper for summer fun. I think I want to make one that would work good on a picnic table. As a center piece. I actually have something in mind, but will be good and wait for my partners name!

We are dealing with my Mom and her wandering off from her home. She has now done it twice! She get her little walker and just walks right out the front door, headed to God only knows where! The first time she called me from her Cell phone about a mile and half from the home. She was at least 2.5 miles from my house still. She said she was headed over for a cup of coffee!@@ URG... The second time the facility called me and said she left again! So I wandered around looking for her, she had walked about a mile to a park and was just sitting on the bench watching the kids.

So tell me what do I do about it? They tested her and she has nothing "wrong" at first they thought Alzheimer's, but yesterday that was ruled out! What to do what to do... Any way don't mean to rag here but thought you wonderful ladies would have some insight as to what we could do? I already go over to visit about every other day and My sister goes on the days I don't, we are so afraid she is going to get hurt! And as much as we would like them to not allow her to leave it is against the law to force someone to stay!

It is like dealing with a 3 year old sometimes.
I know there are devices that can locate people much like the find my iphone app. I would look into that and make it a necklace or bracelet or the like so you can find her. My mother passed in 2006 from Alzheimer's disease. She was bedridden before she came to the point of walking away. I do not wish the disease on anyone. Dementia can cause much of the same type problems and as with my mother...the wrong diagnosis can be given.

My best to you and your family.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 AM

Can you get a power of attorney? What about those alarms that attach to clothes, they go off when you get out of range I believe. I have seen them of TV, someone used them for their autistic son who liked to wander at night. A different facility where you have to be buzzed out or a pass code. Wandering can be a sign of TIAs (mini strokes), dementia and ALZ. I would see about getting her into see a neurologist, gerantologist, or geriatric psychologist, something is going on to cause her wandering; the first two would be the best bet. I will keep you in my prayers!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 PM

I agree! The buzzer in & out of the facility is very important if you have a senior who wanders. Where my dad's mom lived, they had someone stationed at a desk in the main sitting room at the front door. They had to buzz you in & out. Where mom's mom was, there was no danger of her wandering off, so that wasn't an issue. Where my boyfriend's grandmother was, until she died at 103, you could get in, but you had to be buzzed out.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Does anyone ever watch Raising Hope? I told my kid and grandkids that I'm going to end up just like MawMaw and they'll have to chase me around for a change.

Looking at this from a different point of view, maybe she's just bored and needs something to do that sparks her interest.