Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

OK, I'm going to try to upload a peek at my project, if it'll let me. I had a couple more blocks to add to it, but I've given up on them. I was going to replace them with something else, but with this family stuff going on and the hiccups from my sewing machine, I'm going to leave them off and finish with what I have. I am sending another project with this and will have to cut it shorter than I'd planned too, but I think that it'll be OK.

Name:  2013-06-05_23-16-06_997.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  1.34 MB

Blog Entries
    don'cha just love critters!! so cute, d'sm!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

So just a quick post. I have not fallen off the face of the earth , although at this point I am tired enough I wouldn't mind overmuch. We finally have our ice cream shop ready to open tomorrow, pending a health inspection. I feel the deadline looming, but I have a project nearly done that just might neatly fit the bill. Have a good night all.
    Lisa

oooh An ice cream shop? Can I come on over and help you out with that? I could eat my way from the left to the right, you will get rich and well.. I will be fat enough to roll out of there! Its so hot out here low 90's here today. Sat is supposed to be 110 in Sacramento which means 100 here. ugh. thank you for the Air Conditioning which I am about to use.. sigh. I dont like heat much. High 70's is fine with me.

I am moving on the 22nd. Its coming so fast, Steve's leg is still not grand he wont leave the house or deck he doesnt want anyone to know that he is hurt. Grand. So he isnt getting much done. Thankfully my friend comes over on Monday to help me get everything in the truck to the dump, finish that corner in the oven I can't reach and well get some s...t done. I am ready and so ready to be out of here. Today a couple calls to finish the close out of phones etc here.. and dialysis. I am so useless on these days talk about the wet noodle syndrome! I did decide on the colors for my round robin quilt. Blues, creams and browns. not exactly exciting. I want a cabin, trees, bear claw blocks stuff like that. its for the man. he is always watching me make stuff for someone else he will be thrilled with something for him. and best part is he wont see a single thing that is happening to it before it comes home and then I can sneak it over to Jans for quilting!! a real suprise. I suck at those so this will help tremendously. Phew.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Sorry I have been MIA, the quilt drive has taken on a life of its own, I am meeting some friends tomorrow for them to take some quilts to a family on her son's baseball team, and to another friend that is taking them to a family at her church. Next week I am hoping to team up with a girl and she is going to hand out crocheted lovies and I am going to hand out quilts to the kids. I am slowly working on my project for Nancia, its a lovely collection that I know she will love, thankfully she is understanding and letting me handle this quilt drive. Cant wait to see pics, I will be done with the quilt drive at the end of June and I will be back off and on, we have a BUSY summer.

Anytime your home with children all summer its a busy summer sugar. Swimming! parks! picnics! friends! museums! you name it they want to go do it. daily. lol.. I remember being tired but it was a good tired. Its lovely to see them so tired that somewhere around 8 or 8:30 its see ya!

I am tired as suspected, long day but not a horrific one its hot as hell. I had a good idea! I was going to turn off the air and open the doors/windows it was CHILLY in here. WHAT WAS I THINKING? its still 80! ugh...no issues with chilly now. dork! I think iced watermellon is in order. put a slice in the freezer its about ready for me if you have not tried it frozen its sooo good. same with grapes. freeze grapes and suck on those a bit. those are marvelous. those of us who cant drink much come up with amazingly good ideas. oh and sour gummies reduce your thirst believe it or not. odd things one learns.

so glad to see all the runners being mailed! I cant wait for the drool pictures to show up when they arrive. please post to show your partner you got it even if they have put the pic up for us already. its nice to see it in its new home!
    Linda

oh oh a memory!

Ever get these flash back memories? I was talking about holidays and how much I love them when I remembered this fourth of July. I was about 14? My sis and I got all dolled up. I wore this red white striped shirt. so far so good. We were having this bbq and we got totally into the spirit. Put on our make up to match! red white blue stripes on the eye shadow. OMG. bold blue and pink and bright white eyeshadow. how hot we were. I recall thinking we rocked. LOL bandanas tied on top of the head, cool cool cool right? to be so young and silly and confident. what dorks! our house was 'the go to' house for the holiday. The neighbors ALL came over sat on picnic benchs on the lawn and my dad did the fireworks. they all bought little boxs and brought them over, maybe 20 people? and my dad bought the biggest box you could buy. Yup were were the house to be at. How lovely was time back then when people all got together.. remember when you could go play with all the kids on the block out front til dark? and there were like at least 12 kids? btw this was the early 60's. no worries then. or go to the park alone with just your pal and you were in 2nd or 3rd grade? walked to school by yourself even in 1st grade? boy life as sure changed for you younger parents. totally different lifestyle.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    SHHHHHHHH - I'm just popping in to check on everyone - I'm working on my project for jaba - FINALLY. It's a sewing half day for me - I'm happy to have a day off from work because I can and if they don't like it - to bad. We have theatre tickets for Kill me Deadly - it's our girls night out (group of ten tonight) - dinner at Olive Garden and the play.
    In the mean time I had to double check information for my project; jaba is a dear - she's been waiting for a month now for me to get off my duff and get busy on her project. I'm hoping to finish it over the weekend and mail out Monday.

Brat thank you for taking me down memory lane - when I was a kid we played kick the can after dark (sometimes there was 20 kids out playing); when it was time to go in the front porch light came on and if you weren't home in ten minutes from that light coming on you were grounded for three whole days. We walked or rode bikes all over the countryside - we had friends that lived five miles from our place and we rode bikes to and from each others house - we were 6 and 7 years old; my brother and I ran pocket gopher trap lines and ventured quite a distance from home in search of the little critters - the township paid a fifty cent bounty per gopher - guess that's how we learned the lesson if you wanted money you had to go out and earn it; if it was market day you rode along to the grocery store but stayed in the car while your mom shopped - times certainly have changed. Need to get back to jaba's project.

You all have a wonderful day.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    So glad to see you're alive and kickin' dabbler, thought you'd gone aol on me. Can't wait to see the little pretty bauble you're making.

I'm here, I'm here! Where has the time gone?! I am working on Brat's this week end hope to have it ready to start quilting Monday. Hope to be postal by mail time. Will post progress pics soon.

Don't you just hate it when you have too much fabric of one color and not enough of another?! I didn't get enough of the blender and too much of the main fabric. Thought I had it in my stash but can't find it anywhere. I have planned a JoAnn's trip on Sunday after church.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    ...thought you'd gone aol on me.
    I'd think you'd want her to go AOL on you. Then you'd hear a voice say "You've got mail!"

Packing this evening for the drive to FL tomorrow. Still no answer from the doctor's office about getting my cousin into hospice. The cousin I'm going to stay with while I visit says the people caring for him just don't know what to ask or who to push to get answers. Apparently he's worse than I was originally told. He hasn't been out of bed in days and has several deep bed sores. My 1st cousin, once removed (my grandfather's niece), who is a nurse, is going with us to visit him on Sunday afternoon.

I procured some beautiful fabrics today for Sikesjj's quilts for OK. They're all a seersucker texture in bright girly colors. I should also ask if there's a need for car seat quilts. I have either 6 or 8 panels that I'd prepped 4 of to make either car seat quilts or wallhangings out of, but didn't finish because I didn't know where to sew in the loops until I knew which they would be. I think I have just 1 that is finished & ready to have car seat ties put on it, but I can finish the rest in no time.

Blog Entries
    Queen you know what happens as soon as you go buy more, finish project and mail and the next time you look in your fabric it's going to be staring right at you.
    Never thought of it that way, would be nice to hear that "you've got mail" I'm trying to be very patient, that's a big feat coming from this house. Hope you find things better than you think on your visit. Sure not a fun thing to have to go through, but hopefully you'll be able to help or at least get the ball rolling for his comfort.

Blog Entries
    d'sm-- i'm almost done with your runner, remember that swap? when was it? anyway, will finish the quilting later today and the binding on monday, now that i know you won't be home. will try to be sure it's waiting for you when you get back. a nice tropical hug from me to you! you might need one by then, and we all know, i need to give one. hope things are better than you fear, but that all works out for the best, whatever that may be.

Nancia, unless something drastic happens between now and lunchtime Monday, I'll be home Monday night. The main purpose of this visit is to say goodbye. He stayed away from family functions the last few years because it's so much trouble to go anywhere with his wheelchair, and he has to be careful where he goes, especially visiting people's homes, which might not be wheelchair accessible. As the saying goes, "If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain." Now that he's bedridden, it's no longer a choice for any reason.

Yesterday they finally got an answer from the doctor, who by the way hasn't examined him in person and is only going by what his mother told him. He's determined that the episode that prompted all this was likely just a 1-time episode and there was no reason to put him in hospice at this time or worry about any additional treatment. The cousin I'm staying with said you can hear how badly he needs to cough, and that he's panting more than breathing, short shallow breaths. It's going to be pneumonia that takes him in the end. The nurse cousin that is supposed to go with us today I'm hoping can be of help in determining just how bad off he is. She has fibromyalgia though, and if she wakes up like she felt last night, said she might not go.

I shall look forward to my beautiful runner! I'm sure since you made it that it will be wonderful. Every ray of sunshine is welcome in my life!

Wow what a day you have ahead of you.. my prayers to the family. its tough saying good bye. been there done that.. words are so hard to find.

Nancia so happy to hear your sewing again. Phew. you had me worried there. can't wait to see it, any sneak peaks??

70 degrees again and its 6 am. oh fun. that air is coming on asap. I think I might sew its awfully close to the air conditioner sounds mighty good to me
    Linda

Well I don't know how ironic it is, but I'm going to church this morning with my cousins. Why is that ironic? The last time that I was in a church was Easter Sunday right after my dad died 6 years ago. If you know you're going to have a rough day, this is the way to start it!

Turn that AC on girl! Close up the vents in the rooms where you don't need it & get cool while you can! I've found that my sewing room is the warmest room in the house, even though the AC control is on the wall right outside the door. I don't know what's going on there. Ceiling fan on high, door open, cutting away on some fabric....get up to go to the bathroom and as soon as I walk out the door it's cooler than in the room. If your sewing area is the coolest spot in the house, you're a lucky gal! If mine was, I think I'd live in there!

DM call a ambulance when you get there. They will take him in and he can get properly evaluated, bed sores can change so quickly and get infected, let alone what you are saying about his lungs. Also check with the area council of aging, maybe call in a social worker, I don't beilieve a dr can evaluate a person by what someone else says. I hope you other cousin is able to go!!!!!

Blog Entries
    i stayed up most of last night fmq-ing the table runner. i think my fmq is improving! thanks for giving me a chance to practice it more!
    i used to teach at an episcopal day school and every morning we went to chapel. even tho' not my religion i found it very settling and strengthening. same God afterall. i no longer ask for favors, i just say, thy will be done, and grant me the strength and courage to deal with it. sounds like your aunt is in denial and the dr is a fool., not that it's my place to make a judgement ( as if that has ever stopped me, lol). death is often a blessing, as i think it will be in this case. i will be beaming my thoughts and prayers your way.

Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    DM call a ambulance when you get there. They will take him in and he can get properly evaluated, bed sores can change so quickly and get infected, let alone what you are saying about his lungs. Also check with the area council of aging, maybe call in a social worker, I don't beilieve a dr can evaluate a person by what someone else says. I hope you other cousin is able to go!!!!!
    The antibiotics did seem to help. He was alert and out of bed today, so perhaps the immediate crisis on that issues is averted. She talked to him some, and said that he's not in any shape psychologically, because of the progression of the disease, to even appoint a medical power of attorney at this point. However, his breathing seems to have him out of the woods for now near as she can tell. My uncle said he has an appt with the doctor to have his catheter changed, so I'm hoping that they will look at him a little closer than that then. His mother came in while we were there and dropped off a few things and said she would be back later. There are other things going on there that I won't get into here, but I'm irritated with his care. On a positive note, his ex-wife isn't morning in, only her mother is to help mostly with his teenage daughter and 6 yr old son. His daughter had a friend sleepover last night and they snuck out of the house. Not a good thing for him to have to deal with right now. (

JoAnn's trip yesterday was almost a disaster. I looked all over for what I had already cut and started piecing. Went back to the brown section, with my tall DD and she FOUND it! I was so worried I was going to have to start over.

Today is my last day of anniversary vacation. DH is back at work and I am trying to "bless" this messy home. Got the groceries put away. Dishwasher is running. Laundry is going. Was going to vacuum the pool, but it has come up a thunderstorm. Still need to tidy the bathrooms and living room. Where is my magical wand when I need it?

Blog Entries
    ahhhhhh, ummm, queenie, i think you left it at my house! and , ummmmmm, i think i might have shorted it out with all the housework i asked it to do here. oooops! sorry!

I wondered where it got off to! HEHE!!

It sounds like you had a nice vacation! I always hate to go back to work after vacation. I sure don't want to come home and have to clean house first, so I usually try to clean before we leave. Yes, I know I make double work for myself, but at least I am coming home to a clean bathroom and clean sheets!

Blog Entries
    Dusty'sMomma I do the very same thing. Have to clean before I leave, make sure all the garbage cans are emptied, dust, vacuum, etc. can't stand coming home to a dirty house.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast