Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Pal- February 2018 >

Secret Pal- February 2018

Secret Pal- February 2018

Old 02-08-2018, 05:31 PM

Hi All -

I'm back and have my package almost ready to go out. I have been battling some health problems that they couldn't find the cause of. I've endured tons of tests and procedures in the past 3 months. They finally decided that I have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. So I will be on a high fiber, low fat diet for awhile. I wasn't thinking I would be dealing with a lot of this stuff till I was older. But now at 36 i'm taking fiber supplements and other middle-age stereotypical things. But hopefully I can start getting to feel better soon. My thoughts with all in the group as I read through and see there are a lot of us with ourselves/family in the same boat with health stuff.

I'm so forgetful right now due to meds that I bought something for my sp, set it down, and left it - had to go back and get it the next day. Thankfully the lovely people at lens crafters called and asked if it was mine since I had just picked up new lenses.

Clues: My SP lives northeast of me, in a town with the same name as the town I attended a wedding in last fall, but on the other side of the country. She also has one of the same favorite colors I do.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:34 PM

Mine was mailed today.
Its not going all that far!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:25 AM

Quiltingdragon so sorry to hear of your health troubles, am saying prayers for all of us.

Verna
Old 02-09-2018, 03:38 AM

I need to address something to the group, there are a lot of newbies here this month and dont know me. I am the one who is in charge of this group and Crispy-Frog has so kindly taken it over for me as I am having health issues right now. Anyway what I need to address and will do so again in next months swap too. There are some of us swappers that live in a different country and have a hard time getting their package. If you know that the mailing is really bad in your country you need to state this in you sign up sheet so your SP will know that it will takes a couple of months for you to recive your package and that it will take awhile to get your package out of the country to go to your SP. its not fair to your SP that has sent you something and it doesnt show up and they stress out and end up sending more than
one package, plus if you dont get a package in a timely matter then I will ask for a secret angel and that's not right either when you will eventually get a package, so I am really stressing this point. You must makes us aware of the postal system in your country. As of yesterday I finally got the January SP closed. That is un-neccessary, should not have taken this long. This is the first time we have had this problem that I am aware of and I really do not want a repeat. This is suppose to be a fun group not a stressed out one, lets keep it fun.

Thank you
Verna
Old 02-09-2018, 10:27 AM

quilting dragon, welcome back. Hope you are as bouncy as ever

Texastam, no....you are not my exchange pal. But I know what you mean about orange. I participated in the 5" orange charm square swap, and was totally in love with what I received. Now I just have to decide how to use them. I can see where it is a fav of yours!

verna, I don't ship internationally anymore because of that reason I mailed something out and she said she never got it, so I mailed out another package. It ended up that eventually both got there, but it did end up being costly for me. So now I just mail within my own country. On the flip side, it is fun to have other country's participants just to see what is 'fun' to receive from over there. We love that you do this swap, and hopefully you are resting assured that Crispy is doing a GREAT job in your absence.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:03 PM

My package went North today to a colder place than where I live. I hope she enjoys what I got her!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Hey, SP! Go check your "front door/porch", 'cuz the tracking number says there's a package waiting for you there. Woo hoo!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:08 PM

My secret pal will receive her package tomorrow. It is happily on its way to you...

My secret pal is a "harvester" of fabrics.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

To my little SP your package went out today and it should be there Monday. Hope you have a good weekend waiting for it to get there.

BrendaK

Last edited by BrendaK; 02-09-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:22 PM

Dear Secret Pal, Your package is on it's way and it should be there on Monday also.