Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Am I being to sensitive?? >

Am I being to sensitive??

Am I being to sensitive??

Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 PM

you made a wonderful quilt, but, as you said it was for "the daughter of my daughter's SIL" - maybe the other one was made by the MIL of the girl, or sister or someone they sort of had to oooh over - family politics lol share
oh, also, did you put a label on it, like, "lovingly handmade for the little blessing by-" ??? labels are a must for gifts. even if the recipient doesnt have sense of value, maybe others looking at it will
Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
I understand totally. I quilted a blanket panel for my own daughter's baby shower (one that she requested). I have not seen her use it yet. Although I do see all of the "store bought" blankets that she received at her shower. Maybe when she gets older and more mature, she will realize all of the effort that was put into this blanket. I LOVE handmade items...but many others do not appreciate the efforts or have any clue as to how many hours go into making a blanket. Your quilt gift is beautiful and should be greatly appreciated. Will last much longer than a store bought item and contains much more love. You did good!
Now when I give a gift, I mention how many hours I spent on making it...people are amazed.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 PM

I can e-mail her and educate her on the fact that she received a gift that was not only beautiful but hand made with alot of love. Don't believe any of the other gifts came with all the thought and effort that you put into this quilt. It really takes all kinds! It's beautiful and we here on the board appreciate your work.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:01 PM

How sad. It is a very pretty quilt. I don't like those fleece things, there is no character to them. Some people just don't recognize talent and that is their loss.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:32 PM

Not a big "monkey" person but that is one adorable quilt!!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:45 PM

I wouldn't be too "down" right now; she was probably overwhelmed with all the gifts. I once made a baby quilt for a girl in our office who was in cancer remission and her once in a lifetime pregnancy. She was very casual about the quilt at the shower, but the next morning, she sought me out and thanked me profusely for the quilt (it was a quilt in which I asked all the girls in the office to make and sign a block). When she got home and realized what she had, she was most appreciative. Maybe this will happen to you. I hope so, for the quilt was as cute as could be!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM

It's a very nice quilt. Cute monkeys. A lot of people don't appreciate quilts and do not know the work that goes into them. Glad you vented.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Beautiful quilt and the baby will love it. His parents will also as time goes by. The other might have been done by a close relative who does not usually do quilting or anything like quilting and they were ohhing and ahhing to give her confidence.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:54 PM

Beautiful techniques, colors. It is obvious a lot of thought went to creating this....and it's not a blanket, anyhooo, it's a quilt! I would be proud and pleased....
Old 07-16-2011, 01:55 PM

I think you did a fantastic job with a lot of thought to the matching items. It was rude of them to be so thoughtless. Perhaps someday they will appreciate it when it outlasts the storebought items......