Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm upset...he didn't like it >

I'm upset...he didn't like it

I'm upset...he didn't like it

Old 06-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned

oh hon, that stinks big time. i don't understand why he doesn't like it. i think its awesome. i truely love it
Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 AM

I think you did a beautiful job! I am so sorry your father didn't like it. I can't imagine why. And that he told you...how graceless is that. I hope he has some time to think about what he said and apologizes. I also hope he changes his mind and is proud of it and hangs it up.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 AM

If this is new behavior for your Father, perhaps there is more going on. Your quilt is very well done. Don't stop creating. I prefer subtle patriotism. It's more sincere.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 AM

Oh, I am so sorry. I think it is lovely! Sometimes people say hurtful things without even realizing they are being harsh. you have a lovely piece of work here.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 AM

I think it's beautiful!
You did a great job.
Sorry your dad didn't like it.
Maybe he'll come around.
HUGS!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:11 AM

So sorry. That does hurt-maybe he wasn't thinking straight. Looks like everyone here LOVES it. I have heard many hurtful quilt stories but I won't let it stop me for bring jpoy to those who do appreciate it! Keep on stitching Sweetie!!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

sometimes when men are uncomfortable,they say stupid things.let it go. it looks great to me.
next time, give a quilt with love to someone else. keep quilting!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:16 AM

IT's absolutely beautiful and his reaction was absolutely uncalled for. I certainly don't want to speak against someone's father but this should be mentioned to his doctor. I think if he's always been like that you wouldn't have bothered, knowing what reaction to expect, so maybe there is a medical issue brewing.

What does your mother have to say about it?

A veterans' hospital or some patriotic organization would love it; hope you can get it back and find a good home for it.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo
I know it's not perfect, but I MADE it for him....I didn't even get a thank you :-( he just folded it and put it aside.
Kimberlie, maybe he will have second thoughts once he has time to thinks about it....he probably never meant to hurt your feelings....I think it is very nice....God Bless You
Old 06-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

it looks very patriotic and you did a wonderful job!!!do not dispare, i know it was hurtful, but maybe he was just in a cranky moment, and really didn't mean to hurt you. I spent months making what i considered a beautiful crazy quilt, with velvets, silks...lots of embroidery...i put so much into it and thought it would be absolutely BEAUTIFUL on my youngest brother's new over stuffed leather sofa...which it is, but i've only seen it there once...my sister in law really didn't think it was...all that....i guess...i did about 6 months after i gave it to them hear, oh the quilt she gave to us is ok i guess...sure wish we had something for our bed though, it is kind of useless......i was crushed...and yes, i did break down and give them a 'bed-sized' quilt but things sure are not the same between us anymore...
you did a wonderful job on your first quilt, don't stop making them because of his remarks. not everyone sees what we quilters see when we look...next time you go see him don't even bring it up...wait and see. the first one i gave my mother was hidden from all to see for about 3 years, then all of a sudden i drop by and she excitedly takes my by the hand and leads me to her room where the quilt is actually on the bed!!!and she proudly told me, i am amazed how warm it is ;) when you gave it to me i didn't understand, i thought with it so thin it would be like covering up with a sheet...and i already had a sheet...but it's not like that at all, its warm and comfy and i love it!!! geez...only took her 3 years to decide it was worthy i guess...at least it's being used now...parents and children can both be cruel sometimes without even realizing it.