Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Quilt

Maybe they were speechless cause they loved it so much. Did you see it in there eyes ? Im sure he loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosemaynes
    I love it. What a great quilt for a first.

Please don't quit! I don't know why they didn't jump for joy over that quilt! You did a fantastic job on it!! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

You did a very nice job.
    Men don't show their emotions very seldom.
    I made something for my dad and he was the same way.

What a neat quilt for a first and I cannot imagine anybody not appreciating the effort that went into this. Don't be discouraged..........there are appreciative people out there.

My late brother was a retired Chief Petty Officer in the Navy and he would have LOVED this quilt! In fact, now that I see yours, I plan to make a similar one in his memory for his family! Thanks for the inspiration! ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by koda
    looks great!!! where did you get the material?
    I purchased the Navy panels off of Ebay. Had wonderful luck with the seller.

I personally love your quilt and I think you should not let your parents' insensitivity get to you. That is a marvelous quilt and you should be very proud of it. I showed my mom my album of quilts that I had done since I started quilting. She looked through the whole thing and never said anything about the quilts-all she said was I recognize her. a couple of the pictures had people in them. I mean come on. I had some pretty neat quilts in there and that's all she could say? But on the other hand-it might be the generation too. She gave me a quilt that she had made from her old pilly flannel nightgowns! She said the bottoms were still good so I cut them up! I would've used them for rags! It never ceases to amaze me what she does. She's still using towels that make my rags look good!

You did such a nice job. Some folks have no appreciation for something homemade from the heart.

Beautiful quilt. Keep on quilting girl!
    I'm sure your Dad loves it, just doesn't know
    how to tell you.

Beautiful quilt, and I agree men and women do not have the same emotions.

To ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE RESPONDED...I want to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your positive comments, praise, and your 'kind words'. When I started reading your responses, tears came to my eyes. THANK YOU....THANK YOU ...THANK YOU...I plan on continuing to quilt again.

P.S. I thought I done a GREAT job on the quilt, and that was what I was expecting to hear from my parents......hopefully some day, I will hear positive comments.

Thanks Again for uplifting my spirits.

DO NOT give up quilting. You did a wonderful job. I have been quilting for several years and I am very impressed with your FMQ. My Mother would have been similar except she would have pointed out every mismatched seam and every cut off point.

Come out and ask your Dad if he liked it or not. If he doesn't care for it then I am sure some wounded sailor would love it. It would make a wonderful Quilt of Valor.

WOW that is an awesome first quilt

i think like most of us here our parents are from what they call a cold era. No emotions, no touching,hugging, kissing, etc. you know what I mean. But I'm sure they are telling everyone what you made for them. My mom and dad both did that. It is very heart breaking at times ,but I had to understand where they came from, the dead era I call it.

what a great quilt. Some men have a really hard time expressing thanks properly. You must have felt let-down; just don't let it discourage you. You might ask him bluntly if he likes the quilt. Some men are better at answering direct questions. He probably thinks you should know how much it means to him.

You did awesome!! be proud & think about what reaction you will get from your daughter! she will be elated :D

Great job.

Probably like my Dad. Not much at showing feelings. Have no picture of him smiling. Your quilt is wonderful, so chalk this up to experience but do not let it take away your love of quilting.

Looks to me, you did everything right. Men are so strange and don't know how to express themselves. I'm sure he is impressed and is bragging among his friends.

Blog Entries
    what a great tribute. You did a wonderful job. I'm sure you put alot of time into it.
    God Bless you.

It is beautiful and what a wonderful gesture.

Be proud.

Blog Entries
    what a great tribute. You did a wonderful job. I'm sure you put alot of time into it.
    God Bless you.

I love it. My dad would have loved this quilt as he spent the greater portion of his life in the navy. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    I am sure he was speechless when he saw his beautiful quilt especially made by you for him and doesn't know how to say thank you without becoming emotional. Your quilt is wonderful and a true labor of love!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast