Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 AM

Carriem - thank you for your kind words. I feel that appliqué is one of my weakist areas so you (and everyone else) saying that it looks nice means a lot to me.

Emma - thank you and howdy fellow Oregonian! Roseburg is a bit of a distance for me but if I'm ever in the area I'll try to give you a heads up and maybe we can meet up for coffee or something, or vice versa. I've dabbled a little bit in FM, but the extent of my experience is stippling and 2 feather circle pot holders. I'm getting the idea that I'm going to have to start some new projects to practice FM so that I can finish this one.. Lol anyone eles's UFO warning bells going off? Thank you for yours and everyone else's encouragement. I know with it we all will get it done...eventually.

nena - thanks and I'm sure it was still a lovely quilt.

Michelle - thank you for your kind words, you and all the others on this thread inspired me to finish up the top after I read through your posts.

nanna-up-north - thank you for your words and noticing some of the technique things. It makes me feel good that you think I did good b/c from what I've seen on this thread I really admire your work as a quilter.

Thank you all again for your kind words and for stroking my ego, my head is now roughly the size of a watermelon!! Lol. Being a self taught quilter (no quilting classes of any sort to date) your recognition and praise goes a long way here for my self confidence. Hopefully I'll get this thing finished before it turned a year old in october...lol...

Hope all is well with you guys and happy quilting!!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 PM

Quiltology: Great job.

I had this quilt waiting to be finished for several months. It was even pinned and waiting to be quilted. I'm still new with machine quilting but I am really liking a serpentine stitch for the quilting part. I brought the back around to the front. The white squares and white with blue rabbit squares were sewn together by someone else for a Minnesota organization. I added the borders to make it large enough for the organization's suggested size.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 05:20 AM

Great finish, Connie.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:24 AM

Ding Ding Ding!!!!! Great job on that one! I love the owl border and the wave quilting is really cool too! All in all I think that it turned out great, and that who ever it goes to will treasure it.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 AM

Very cute, Connie. I love it that so many of you do quilts for such great causes. I really need to do that once I get the quilts done that I've promised people. And I want to start the Little Brown Bird. But, I could think about doing something for some group. My daughter is a midwife and I've done some crochet blankets for her unit. I could do some quilts, too.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:41 PM

Little Brown Bird? Okay, now I guess I'll have to go look that up!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Another UFO quilt top off of my list. I have had the boxes of cut squares from my church charity group for a few years so I am slowly going through the boxes. These are 7 inch squares and the group specifies the number of squares. I added the border because I did one less column. The group will finish the quilt and donate it.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-20-2014, 05:08 AM

Another UFO completed, this is a king size Irish Chain. I am so excited and I am still on track to finish all my quilts this year. Of course I need to stop making new tops. Thanks everyone for the continued support, this group is great.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484160[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails irish-chain-king-size.jpg  
Old 07-20-2014, 05:53 AM

Wow, that's gorgeous. Love Irish Chains, they always look so modern. Congrats on the finish and staying on schedule.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:36 AM

retiredteacher09- Another great finish.... toot ... toot... tooting the horn for you. And I love that you donate so many to such good causes. Way to go!!

jwardknits- I love your Irish chain.... they have always been a favorite of mine. Yours turned out fantastic. And getting close to being done with the UFOs.... that's pretty good, too. On to the next one, right?