2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-17-2015, 11:10 AM

I think it counts but then what do I know, lol.

As regards the sashing I found 1 yard of a light cream that will work. Now the question is, is that enough? And my other question is. What is QE is that a software program?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
I think it counts but then what do I know, lol.

As regards the sashing I found 1 yard of a light cream that will work. Now the question is, is that enough? And my other question is. What is QE is that a software program?
It's EQ (Electronic Quilt) the latest version is 7, so EQ7. YOu can design your own blocks or use their block library and put the blocks together in a quilt. You can scan in your actual fabrics and drop them into the patches to get an idea of what the quilt will look like. There is a library of generic fabrics that you can also use to get a more general idea. It's easier to play with the design before you commit to cutting the fabric. Once you are done, it will give you fabric requirements.

A yard should be enough. You need 15 three inch sashing strips. You can get 3 pieces from a width of fabric, so you would need 5 three inch WOF strips, or about 15"

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 03-17-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

You're welcome tkhooper..

40 yards is an impressive start...belfrybat

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I have been called nuts, before.... The 9P's measure 1 1/2 inches when finished. The block is 7 1/2 finished..with the two borders the quilt is 91 x 106. I'm thinking of putting a wool batting in it.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:01 AM

OK: No not nuts just a little unhinged, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. If there ever was a quilt that deserved a wool batt, its this one. Its gorgeous! When you work so small how do you keep the squares from getting wonky? I used some corners I trimmed off a project to make HST that measured one inch finished. The result was kind of fun but all the seams kind of distorted the block. Hats off to you, OK.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 AM

Just got my CT order! Such fun, even if a little bit of guilt came with it. It's my first purchase this year so I'm not feeling too bad, after all, it's the middle of March! I'm doing sooo much better than a couple of years ago. But those CT sales push my buttons, it looks like it pushes more than just mine. And sew it goes...
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 AM

Rhonda: No pictures? We want to see.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

70 yards used qualifies for build up (or a fall from the wagon) belfrybat. Wowser, you have been a busy girl (on both fronts).

I'm still holding steady - taking it one week at a time. Even took a bunch of magazines and books to the guild for the free table. I just put the pile down and turned away, thusly not to be enticed to bring back anything.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:32 PM

If we signed up for a mystery BOM for 6 months, does that count as going off the wagon? I debated 2 months before I couldn't resist. It's in my colors and was a great price, a little over $200 for a twin size batik fabric. I'm only missing the batting and backing for the top. I then bought 4 yards of backing fabric for another mystery quilt train ride #10, starting at the end of the month. Then I bought 4 f-Q's for a swap. So my question? Will I be going off the wagon every month until the BOM is completed?

I also ordered a book, which had a block pattern I started 10 years ago and now I want to complete and enlarge the project. Then today I ordered a set of crochet hooks with lights. So I can crochet in the dark. I did go 4 months without buying anything. I guess that is the max I can go. Next month I'm suppose to go on a shop hop, I know I will be buying then as well. I'll stay on the wagon between now and my shop hop.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:59 AM

The Explorer Club, Art Quilt Workbook came in today. I'm excited. This Book will create about 8 9"x12" mini quilts when all is said and done. I'm going to use mine as inspirational panels for the craftroom. So far all I have done is chosen a theme. Mine is "Manmade." I wanted something very loose. I'll be shopping my stash first but I want to use some colors that are not in line with my decorating. Kind of a way to give my eyes a break from the yellow green blue colors.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 AM

Oh how I love reading what you all are doing. Such wonderful stories of why and how and what you are creating. That being said, I looked at Crafty today and for only $159.00 (that's with the 50% discount) I can get a wonderful kit that looks like it would take me 9 years to complete. The problem is, I want it and it's big. I like big quilts 96 x 96. I opened the door when I just bought a kit from CT. It's like a diet, I'm really good until I'm not. Then everything in sight looks wonderfully good to eat. Same with this moratorium, oh will power don't fail me now!