2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-07-2015, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
This was made from donated stash. Tomorrow it will leave my house and go into the church quilting box for the ladies to finish.

Yeah!

Connie

P.S. The pattern was for smaller squares but I adapted it to use precut 4" squares. Therefore, I only needed to use part of the pattern and I should have used more of the middle part so I could have had a completed diamond area. Oh well, live and learn!

I like it. It looks very "modern" with the black and the unfinished sides. I think it is "cool" and someone will love it--with the design aspect like it is. It is unusual, and for that it is 'neat'.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:51 AM

OK: Love them both! What is it about lattice quilts? Its almost like a peak through a garden gate. I should be on a flimsy moratorium too. I'm at the point now that if I did nothing but sandwich, quilt and bind for the rest of the year I doubt I would get them all done. Haven't actually counted but must have at least 30, ten of which are actually sandwiched.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:55 AM

Oksewglad - LOVE them both!! Are you making both?

Emma - I am on a flimsy moratorium - last week I put the borders on one that has been languishing for at least 10 years, so it went to the flimsy pile. Then I went thru the rest and either found backings or made backings. That leaves 4 basted and in the queue next to Tiara, and 9 paired tops and backs that I am waiting to baste - plus I have 3 quilted, labeled and bound since January 1 with one more in the binding stage. I suppose next I should go thru the kits and quilts that I have a few blocks started.......maybe not right now though - LOL.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

Thanks re: above quilts...I have a bunch of other flimsies I need to finish before I attempt either of the 2. I really like the first one so that may be on my list soon.

Wow Sherry...looks like you have a plan to get those tops into tip top finishes. Good for you. Can you share your finishes to inspire some of us laggards?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:52 AM

Love the designs for the quilts. So fun. So tempting.

I have 3 flimsies waiting for me, not so bad I guess. However, I have an untold and unknown amount of finished blocks waiting to become flimsies! I'm sure if I finished them I would win the prize (if there is one) on flimsies. Well, maybe not 30 flimsies, but close, very close.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Oksewglad - well this is probably the wrong board for these, however they are finished with stash. This is from fabric that I mostly got from a trip that I took with my Mom to Alaska - almost 3 years ago. The back is from leftovers from the front and some pieces that I added from stash. It is for her 80th birthday this summer, if I can wait that long to give it to her.[ATTACH=CONFIG]516315[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]516313[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516314[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails alaska.jpg   alaska-back.jpg   alaska-label.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 12:11 PM

Sherry, I love the snowball blocks in your Alaska memory quilt. We are going back to Alaska in June - may I will pick up fabric for doing something similar. Last year I pick up fat quarters and did a Turning 20 quilt, plus some placemats.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

A snowball--perfect for an Alaskan quilt, Sherry. Your mom will love this and treasure as a memory keeper of your trip. Hey stash used in the backing too; thanks for sharing what we can do with our stash so we don't need to buy fabric...
Old 04-08-2015, 02:21 PM

Sherry that is such a wonderful way to remember. Love it.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:36 PM

Sherry: I think that is very much what we are trying to achieve, not only stop buying but use our stash to create beautiful things. I now you Mother is going to adore that quilty. Now if I could just work out the kinks in my production line.