2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-31-2016, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
Here is the fabric that I was given. Sorry it took so long to get a picture. About half of it is see through.
too bad it's see through. That is pretty fabric.

Red, a great organized stash. It would take me months to organize my fabric. If not years, I so get distracted when I do. LOL
Old 08-31-2016, 06:43 AM

I was told I could use the see through to practice my fmq'ing. I love that idea. I need all the practice I can get and this way I'm not wasting anything I could have used. fmq on small scraps and on large pieces seems to be entirely different.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:03 AM

Definitely use for FMQ practice. Those prints would be great substitutes for marking designs to practice on--just quilt around the motifs. Have fun!

Rob
Old 09-06-2016, 01:23 PM

I have only posted on here a time or two. I come in, say I'm in, then before the cat licks its whiskers, I'm online & fabrics are on the porch.

Last week, I looked online at fabric. Connecting Threads & Fabric.com. I had a general idea of what I had in mind, what I wanted for what projects are in the works. (umm, anyone else working on a list of 30 current quilts?)

Please pat me on my ole pointy: I BOUGHT NOTHING. WooHoo!!!!! If it isn't a first for me, it is pretty close to it.

and, about those 30...I'm thinking it's entirely possible I'm ADHD. I LOVE to hop around on different projects. But in my defense, I started a cut-down list for my fabric stash, and about 22 quilts to cut them down for... striped chisel, hashtag, a planned Kite, Bonnie H's florabunda, flower basket, Log Cabin dark/light, Square in a Square, a brick Chevron, Plus quilt, divided square, on point granny squares, applecore, tumbler

prior on-going quilts are a stamps quilt, Judy Hopkins Nov 2009 Mystery, yellow/pink Birch Branches

The cut down plan is to deal with all the 12", FQ, Half Yard, onsie-twosie yards I have accumulated in forty years of quilting, er, um, stash-building.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Good for you quiltmouse...I have to stop saying yes to those clearing out their sewing rooms..got another's today...yikes...scary thought is I see what I can make out of those pieces...

Last edited by oksewglad; 09-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:04 PM

. (umm, anyone else working on a list of 30 current quilts?)

i wouldn't call my 30+'quilt current projects, many are on average from 30+ years to current. I try to finish a UFO for every other project I start. Sometimes that works. Right now I want to start 3-5 new projects. My 2 1/2" log cabin, Judy's MQ #14, meadows MQ, they are on step #3, I'm behind. Work on a few small projects for my quild. Make a block for my quilting bee partner and work on some row by row rows. I figure I will start and finish 3 of the projects. The other 2 will go on my wish list. It least I have' the bought any new fabric for a few weeks. I do want to buy fabric for my royals quilt. Hopefully I can buy it tomorrow. Or next week. Then that project will be done.

I hope everyone had had an enjoyable Labor Day.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:35 PM

I delivered 2 rolls of batting and a batting in a big zippered bag along with a quilt top to my church group today. 2 of the battings had been donated to me and I decided I like to piece more than make the entire quilt. It feels good to have finally make the decision to pass them on.

Connie
Old 09-06-2016, 09:41 PM

i'd rather quilt.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:42 AM

Well, I went to Marshall's the other day to buy backing fabric for a UFO quilt top (to go to eldest granddaughter for Christmas) since I didn't have any and I would have had to do more piecing than I wanted to do for the back of the quilt if I was going to use from my stash. I was patting myself on the back at how good I'd been, to just buy the backing fabric I needed when I realized that I'd used up just about all the fabric in my stash from one of my favorite fabric designers. So I did a search and found that equilter.com had her fabrics, along with some others I just fell in love with. I bought 10.5 yards. I'm not counting the backing fabric since it will be used up as soon as it gets here. And then a photographer friend decided to retire and close up his studio so I was given a whole bunch of fabrics that he had used for backdrops. Not sure how many yards that came to... I did use up a bunch of stash getting the top finished for GD #1's quilt, and I have to do the same to finish another UFO which I will do later this month, but I think I'll still end up having more yardage than I started the month with...

ooooops.....

Rob
Old 09-07-2016, 07:26 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Haven't bought anything except for two panels that I couldn't resist--one for the cabin at Lake Vermilion and one that will become a Christmas present for someone. But today when I go to play bridge one of the other women who play is bringing her stash to gift me. Very nice of her, but the last thing I really need is 5 more bins of fabric.