2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-24-2017, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
Rob, go to Settings, under General look for Keyboard. Turn Autocorrect off. You can leave Spellcheck on if you wish.

Done! Thanks Krisb!
Old 11-24-2017, 10:45 AM

I hope everyone had a great day and I am keeping my eyes peeled for sales. Connecting Threads is luring me. Like Martina I went to Joanns Wednesday and only one remanent came home with me so I did good as technically the moratorium was still going on. Couldn't resist the 20% off accuquilt dies so purchased one.

Congrats on your table Martina I'm wiping drool off now.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

Well I ordered from Connecting Threads, but NO fabric! and I didn't even buy enough to get free shipping, so I think I did OK. It will go under the tree when I get it, not to be opened until Dec 25th. Or maybe the 24th... or maybe earlier if I really want to play with something...
Old 11-24-2017, 11:50 AM

I hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

Earlier today I was ironing my background fabric for the BHMQ project and decided I didn't like the white on white color, (too white for me). Then I switched to yellowish white background fabric, didn't like that very well either. So today I ordered fabric from Mo Star Company. I know I like this fabric B/C I bought 2 years of the fabric at my LQS last week. The fabric goes perfect with my other colors. So at least I bought the material for a project. I also ordered 2 kits, one for my self and one for a gift. I also ordered the booklet for the EQ8. So I guess I am done buying for myself for a while.

Now back to cleaning and sewing.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:56 PM

Hi everyone!!

Well, I'm still doing good for no-buying-fabric. So far this year, I had a splurge in February (Foust Textiles' "open to the public" day) and back in September when my longarm guild met. So, not really bad at all.

The other day, all the Black Friday emails were singing their siren song... so I went digging through my stash, just to remind myself exactly Why I joined this thread. Whew!! Crisis averted!!
Except... the backing fabric I had bought in September for my Lone Star quilt was not as good of quality as I originally thought... somewhat sheer... And... I found a flaw in the weave that repeats every 18 inches!! So, I had to order some new fabric for this. Maybe it falls under the "Have to have to finish" or perhaps my birthday exemption (last Sunday).
Anyway, I'm seriously bummed now, as I was all hyped up to get the LS loaded. I'm planning on entering it in MQX in the spring.

So... I'll work on one of the Many UFO's I have... which should at least get me back on board on the UFO thread!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-05-2017 at 02:16 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-26-2017, 05:39 AM

So far I've resisted all the sales, although JoAnn's has really been calling to me. But like Leta, I sorted through my stash and thought "Wowza! I don't need any fabric for at least 5 years...." I live in a one bedroom apartment and keep finding fabric stashed all over the place. Yesterday it was 15 - 20 yards in a bag on the top shelf of the pantry. I don't remember putting any fabric there, but apparently I did.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:01 AM

I've been pretty good, too. The sales popping up all weekend have gotten me looking, but I haven't seen any fabric that I needed or wanted badly enough to actually buy Yay ME!

I did buy and extension table for the old PC420 that no longer feeds. I replaced it earlier this fall when Home Depot had a sale on them for less than what the repair would be. So the new PC420 sits in the cabinet with the insert and I took the feed dogs out of the old PC420 so I could use it for a light(er) FMQer when I wanted to take it to sew group at our local print studio-- and also it can FMQ zigzag and all those decorative stitches can be used to FMQ for interesting effects and I can keep the other one set up for all the regular, non-quitlitng sewing. But that meant the old one needed an extension table. However, Connecting Threads had one on sale for $89 so I figure I didn't do too bad. LOL

Rob
Old 11-26-2017, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Kudos to the resistors and finding stash fabric to use and to those buying only because you need to finish a project! I'm going through my closets. I still have lots of knits from clothes sewing days...they are going out to make way for current quilting items.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:56 PM

Sounds like everyone did a great job of resisting the sales. I stayed out of my LQS even though they were having a great sale on Saturday for small business day. Lol!

Oksewglad: All of those bags of donated fabric take up lots of space, don’t they? Lol!

Connie
Old 11-26-2017, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

You bet, Connie...those little zip lock bags of bits and pieces need to find larger accommodations. Some pieces will be heading to a cousin who spearheads her local Lutheran Mission relief...several ladies from all the churches in her town work together...truly an ecumenical group!