Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-17-2017, 10:30 AM

Congratulations for your 2 UFO finishes, Rryder! Even under the weather so to speak, you make finishes happen. Toot, Toot.
Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey everyone,
I have just finished two more UFOs for December. They're smaller trivets than the ones that I made in November. I think they will become part of a set-- 1 large and 1 or 2 small trivets--to be given as Xmas presents. I'm hoping to get another couple done before Christmas. Still have clothesline left....Can't imagine why I bought so much, unless I was intending to make some really large bowls or a rug... Here's pics.

Rob
Old 12-17-2017, 07:01 PM

Commercial, I completed 2 ufo’s. My snowman table runner and pink large block quilt. I made the quilt top 5 years ago. It was intended for a friend, but she moved out of the area and I lost track of her. So my grand niece will get this quilt. She likes pink. I made the 5 snowman blocks 3 years ago. I decided it will look good on my bar area between my kitchen and dining room. Now to work on 2 other ufo’s Before the end of the year. Pics will be posted tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:24 PM

Hi everyone, I'm sliding in to this challenge in the last few weeks for the year! I've just started Christmas holidays and was going to treat myself to a few quilting shop visits - however I could not suppress the guilt of going fabric shopping for a new project knowing that I have an uncomfortable number of UFO's lurking in my craft cupboard. So my goal is to get two UFO's finished by the end of the week. 1) Finish appliqué tote bags that I started as Christmas presents nearly 7 years ago... and 2) Quilt an advent calendar panel that I have had half finished for 3 years.. I'll report back soon!
Old 12-18-2017, 01:28 PM

Those trivets are gorgeous rryder! It must be fascinating to watch the unique colour patterns appear while you are assembling them.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:31 PM

I have another stocking tablerunner done, no pick because I had to get in the mail asap because he was coming in to get package as I just finished at lunch today. So that is another completed UFO, three more to go by end of week.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:31 PM

So sorry Belfrybat, nice quilt which should cheer R up during this difficult time.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:32 PM

Nice trivets Rob. You are getting those done.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:42 PM

Happylab, am looking forward to the pix. In the meantime, Toot, Toot for your two UFO finishes!
Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Commercial, I completed 2 ufo’s. My snowman table runner and pink large block quilt. I made the quilt top 5 years ago. It was intended for a friend, but she moved out of the area and I lost track of her. So my grand niece will get this quilt. She likes pink. I made the 5 snowman blocks 3 years ago. I decided it will look good on my bar area between my kitchen and dining room. Now to work on 2 other ufo’s Before the end of the year. Pics will be posted tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:43 PM

EJ, you can start anytime you want and let me tell you two UFO finishes by the end of the week will take us just a bit closer to our goal of 300 UFO finishes this year. Am hoping you can do it! Welcome.
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Hi everyone, I'm sliding in to this challenge in the last few weeks for the year! I've just started Christmas holidays and was going to treat myself to a few quilting shop visits - however I could not suppress the guilt of going fabric shopping for a new project knowing that I have an uncomfortable number of UFO's lurking in my craft cupboard. So my goal is to get two UFO's finished by the end of the week. 1) Finish appliqué tote bags that I started as Christmas presents nearly 7 years ago... and 2) Quilt an advent calendar panel that I have had half finished for 3 years.. I'll report back soon!
Old 12-19-2017, 02:14 AM

My March 2017 UFO (En Provence) is finished! I've been in the slow lane this year for sure. Quilted by Charisma.
Attached Thumbnails enp1.jpg   enp2.jpg  

Last edited by Fraew; 12-19-2017 at 02:16 AM.