Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Judith: I love the bright colors!
    Connie

Way to go, canny & Rob! And, canny....I would count those 2-year old HST as UFO too.

Returned home yesterday and discovered Rocky took a nose dive from atop his perch. His eye fell off.....poor thing. Lol! so quick repair needed and he'll be back to cheer you on!!

I had a applique wall hanging kit I bought over a year ago and finally started it. Did all the applique pieces while on our trip and, today, machine applique'd them. Tomorrow, I plan to finish this, including the FMQ & binding.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Whew...glad Rocky's okay...Thanks for the quick nursing care!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Glad to hear Rocky’s ok after taking that tumble! Way to go on getting all the hand and machine applique done!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

Goofy applique wall hanging done... That was so fun and a welcome break....now back to SBS....

https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictur...g-t296870.html
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Teen too funny.

4 UFOs finishe!

Oh drat! I forgot to take photos of my 4 UFO finishes for May before I delivered them to my Mom for Mother’s day! Anyway, they are oversized placemats that I made using fabric that I got from my grandmother’s house 5 years ago. I Cut them out along with 8 others from the same fabric, set them aside to finish up some pieces for a show and forgot abou them. Hopefully I’ll finish the rest this month and will remember to take photos.

Rob
    Brother PQ1500s

Thank-you everyone for continuing on your UFO challenge while I was away from this site. Personal issues kept me away from here. But I'm back to catch-up and keep cheering everyone on.

1st of all I want to give credit to beautiful finishes and give the final months tally for April. Starting from the 1st of the month.
    QuilterMomma = #675: oksewglad = baby quilt (had no pic at this time but a pic was taken later): oksewglad = lap quilt, no pic at the time, but later a pic was posted: D Hudson = NICU = donation quilt #695: Kristakz = giant scrappy swoon. #700: Quiltermomma = green Hawaiian applique #711: Quilter Momma = blue Christmas #720: oksewglad = Queen size BH Rick Rack 9's, #734: Quiltermomma = dress throw #738: Quiltermomma = fish throw throw/wall hanging, #738: Quiltermomma = round blue butterfly #748 oksewglad BH rick rack -9's, #699. oksewglad crazy ponies #785. rryder = 5 quilted scarps.

Thank-you everyone, for beautiful and creative art work.

Our grand total for April is........ drums rolling..... "18."

Happylab's post made me go check, and I realized I missed posting 3 finishes in April. These are all donation quilts that were started a couple of years ago and finally finished and sent off to be loved.

Name:  P3191368.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  213.4 KB
    Name:  P3191369.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  163.4 KB
    Name:  P3181357_small.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  71.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Ok Teen, that is an adorable hoity toity. Love it!
    Krista, those are beautiful.
    Rob, Good job on getting finished for Mother's Day. I bet she appreciated them so much.
    Oh goodness, poor Rocky, wish him well for me on his healing process.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

[QUOTE=kristakz;8057938]Happylab's post made me go check, and I realized I missed posting 3 finishes in April. These are all donation quilts that were started a couple of years ago and finally finished and sent off to be loved.

Beautiful finishes

Blog Entries
    Finished and handed over to new owner. En Provence the Bonnie Hunter Mystery from a couple of years ago. I actually long armed it myself. Everyone else was 4 months out. Oh yes, there are some points that are wonky, but it's done!!!Name:  En Provence done.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  439.1 KB

Congratulations on finishing your En Provence! It turned out great!
    Lisa

Beautiful finishes! Battle Axe...your BH turned out incredible.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ouch Rocky, hope you heal fast.

Everyone has done awesome the last few weeks. To many to comment on individually but every one is outstanding.

Not much sewing for me for a few weeks, had to do some major cleaning and DD & SIL were up for a week, and then the garden had to go in. But that is all done now,Yea!! I plan to work on 2 ufos this month while finishing up another chemo quilt for a different friend. I used a Celtic knot pattern and tweaked it a bit, here is the pattern I came up with. (Don't pay attention to the silver lines, drew the pattern in my Stained glass program.)

Name:  Eileens cancer3.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  255.2 KB

Center 9 patch ish, are done on all the squares working on the yellow layer tonight.

Was looking back at when I last posted 1 month ago, 15 inches of snow on the ground. We now have 73 degrees and have mowed the lawn once. Love the weather in MN.

Krista and Battle Axe: Great finishes!

Poor Rocky!

Dedemac: That will be another great quilt. I'm sorry you have another friend with cancer. We have mowed our lawn once also. The lilacs are blooming although not profusely like some years. I love this type of weather!
    Connie

Blog Entries
    What a nice variety of finishes, Krista and Battle Ax!
    Rocky's on the road to recovery!

Dedemac...what size are your cuts? What a nice design!

Saturday I came home from an all day meeting to find MrOK mowing the lawn...he never mows lawn. Then he changed oil, etc and it's ready for the season. I hate mowing lawn.

Just got in from the garden...cleaned out a bunch of quack grass from one vegetable bed and have all the beds ready for planting. Broccoli, kale, and Romaine are growing nicely. Fresh asparagus a treat, too. Now tomorrow hope to get the tomatoes, peas planted. Lilacs and apple tree are budding. I think I lost all my roses (3 bushes and about 10 drift roses) over winter. Now what?

No sewing getting done.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

There have been some awesome finishes this last few weeks. Beautiful! I’ve been working on keeping up with my current projects to avoid putting them in the UFO pile. I’m glad Rocky is O.K.
    Denise

There are no endings, only new beginnings.

Blog Entries
    Wow, nice EnProvidence! Love it!

Poor Rocky, he is still holding his own and cheering us on. What a guy.

I have also been working in the garden and flower beds. Thank goodness my children have been helping me. If not for them, I would still be unloading the first load of dirt for the garden beds. They have done that and also a load of compost. My flower beds and most of my yard is now weeded. I keep working at it slowly, but foot swells to twice the size of the other one still from surgery. Need to keep myself healthy enough to quilt right?

Keeping up with everyone, you are doing a great job!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I took a big back of flannel squares (prepared for a rag quilt) to the guild last night and turned it in with Community Service. The lady asked me if I was sure because it was a lot of pretty blocks. I said "yes, please!"

What a relief to have that UFO out of my line of vision. Since I wasn't going to finish it, it was just causing guilt.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; Today at 11:49 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Good for you Martina! Don't forget, that counts as a finish since it's now permanently off your UFO pile!

Battle-ax- congratulations on finishing your En Provence- it's gorgeous!

Kristakz- those April finishes are lovely!

Teen- tell Rocky I hope he feels better, I can totally relate to the whole eye surgery thingy

Rob
    Brother PQ1500s

Quiltermomma, Yes you need to stay healthy to sew!

Madquilter One down how many more?

Oksewglad - the center square is 1.5 finished, so I'm basically working with 2 inch strips. I'm stacking the colors and making stratas, then cutting the strips. First time I tried this method, seems to be working well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dedemac...2" cuts are more appealing (IMHO) than 2 1/2 strips...Anxious to see this finished.

Off the pile and somewhere else is good, Martina.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
    Madquilter One down how many more?
    Sadly, I have started 2 new projects and finished a top and backing entirely from stash. My new projects involve hand applique so they will take a while. One is a gift so it won't become a UFO.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Madquilter... You hand applique projects.....are they quilts?

I should have my SBS applique borders done tomorrow......then sandwiching this weekend. Off to LA next week. (Fingers crossed)....

Question: My roll of white batting (90") is not big enough for SBS. I typically don't make anything bigger than roll and have only pieced scrap batting for small/donation quilts. There is a lot of white in top in SBS but will be dark on back. Should I be worried that you'll be able to see joined pieces through quilt top or should I just buy a king size package of batting? At this point, I don't want to screw this up in the the last detail.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 LastLast