2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 12-06-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Thanks..how are you going to use the 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 rectangles? And sweet little 9P's..love them.
This quilt is on my bucket list but I need a ton more rectangles. Not sure about 9P's yet...they are just so cute. Lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=scra...dIMps7JCFiX4VM
Old 12-06-2019, 02:41 PM

I am laughing at myself as I read this. I haven't done any fabric shopping since about 2006, but somehow I have plenty of fabric to start quilting again. Some of this stash goes back to the mid-80s! But the reason I'm laughing is that I already made my New Year's resolution, and it's not about fabric. It's about not buying any more seeds! I have about 400 types of veggie, flower, shrub and tree seeds, and only four acres of land.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
This quilt is on my bucket list but I need a ton more rectangles. Not sure about 9P's yet...they are just so cute. Lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=scra...dIMps7JCFiX4VM
Yes, I have seen that before...a gal at a quilt retreat next door to the shop was making one. It's a great scrap buster!
Whenever there's a retreat going on next door I like to stop in and see what everyone is doing. They are often in the shop checking out our wares or buying that spool of thread they forgot.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by StitchingAgain View Post
I am laughing at myself as I read this. I haven't done any fabric shopping since about 2006, but somehow I have plenty of fabric to start quilting again. Some of this stash goes back to the mid-80s! But the reason I'm laughing is that I already made my New Year's resolution, and it's not about fabric. It's about not buying any more seeds! I have about 400 types of veggie, flower, shrub and tree seeds, and only four acres of land.
I need to do this as well
Old 12-06-2019, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the websites, Belfrybat and Teen.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:57 PM

No fabric followed me home! Wahoo!

I worked at an LQS yesterday and today. We were so busy that I didn’t have time or feel like shopping for myself. Lol! I will be buying though once I get paid. I don’t know how you do it, Oksewglad. 7 hours yesterday and 5 today. Exhausted but it was a fun one-time experience.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:27 PM

Oh my goodness, there was quite the haul at the Goodwill today. All I can say in my defense is I left way more than I took but I took several pieces -- $20 buys a lot of fabric at the Goodwill. Several new pieces of Asian metallics to join the collection that is supposed to be dwindling and not growing... but mostly in browns and golden tones that will work together instead of the blue and jewel tones I usually do. At least one of the fabrics was a Makower, it was all fine lovely, well stored pieces of quality yardage. There were Peanuts and Snoopy throughout the year that I did not take, but I did get a baby Snoopy nap-time type fabric big enough for a back. Some strong vibrant black and yellow florals that worked together I did take, along with one pretty peachy coral sort of happy flowers that is lovely but not one with the others.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:17 PM

I love hearing how everyone is using up their stash!

Old 12-09-2019, 05:00 AM

I havent done a lot of sewing during the holiday, but I have managed to do some work on putting together a 2nd quilt from t-shirts belonging to my riding friend who died in June. Her husband handed off a lot of shirts, so I decided to make one for her son. My friend always loved everything I made her & I know she would have loved these. I got rather melancholy about her Saturday while I worked on sashing around the shirt logos. I wish she could have seen the finished quilts.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
I havent done a lot of sewing during the holiday, but I have managed to do some work on putting together a 2nd quilt from t-shirts belonging to my riding friend who died in June. Her husband handed off a lot of shirts, so I decided to make one for her son. My friend always loved everything I made her & I know she would have loved these. I got rather melancholy about her Saturday while I worked on sashing around the shirt logos. I wish she could have seen the finished quilts.
Conchalea, I am so sorry for your lose. I am sure with time her son will really love the quilt and it will bring warm memories of his mom.