2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-11-2020, 10:22 PM

While going through the stash, 3 Geisha panels appeared, all cut apart. Got one made into a pillow case; 1 yd used. I plan to used the other two panels to make another pillow case. My shoulder was hurting after the first one, so I've iced it and now time for bed.

On the weekends we've decided to each choose a dinner and cook it. He wants the frozen lasagna, so that'll be tomorrow and use it for dinners at his work (he works swing shift). So tonight I chose dinner at Plazuelas in town. He took me to dinner and we got ice cream. I'm liking this new arrangement.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:18 AM

Sounds like a win-win, Petthefabric.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:18 AM

Smile One top done, one ready to go

Finished one stash buster that was started last year from Jordan's Fabrics she calls "Five Star Quilt". I used a layer cake and some leftover charms, did have to buy fabric for inner border and binding, outer border is from HST's not used in main quilt.

Tried to post a photo but it failed twice and the size is less than 3MB.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
11 days into the new year and I don’t need or want to buy fabric yet. Only 354 more days. I’m working on BHMQ using stash fat-quarters and background yardage, all from my stash. Starting a beginning and ending throw 3 week QAL with Pat Sloan. It will use up some of my 2.5” squares, and starting the 365 day challenge i’ve Been gathering fabric and making copies of daily patterns over the last 4 years. This is the year I complete this project. Oh well, back to my stash quilting. Enjoy quilting/sewing everyone.
Hate to tell you, this is leap year, you actually have 355 more days, lol. Best to you.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Welcome aboard to all our new riders. It takes a bit to get over the bumps in the path sometimes. After my initial little bump, I am staying the course. I went into the fabric store the other day to buy a gift "of fabric" for a friend. I did a lot of looking and touching. It helped that nothing was on sale. There was nothing that said I must but it. I just kept thinking of all the pretty stash I have on hand right now. So, I left the store, went home and picked out some of that lovely fabric and gifted it to the friend. And, the more I handled and pet my stash, the more I realized, I don't need any fabric right. I have 2 dressers with enough fabric to make at least 10 quilts, enough scraps in the bins to make at least 8 or more quilts. And, several quilt kits to make at least 6 more. And at least 5 bolts of WOW to keep for a good while. I find the more I handle my fabric, the less I think about buying more. I know many of you have way more fabric then I do and some have way less, I think it's about handling the amount of fabric that is comfortable for you. (I still feel like I have way too much.)

Todays job is to cut up the scraps that are taking up to much space in piles. I want to hopefully finish today. Although, realistically, it may be tomorrow. And, then work on the pixelated quilt I have in progress.

And, I have to go to the post office and send off a box of fabrics that I am donating and drop off a pile of things to the thrift store. I wanted to go through my books before I did that. But, today is just not the day to take time to do that. I can think of one that can be added right now. So, I will do that one for now. I don't keep too many books or magazines. About 30 at the moment. I am just dropping off. I will not go in and look!!!!!

Stay the course ladies. I will be waiting to give you a hand back up on the wagon. I know we can do this!
Ah, Judith you have some great goals there and accomplishments. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Well, my whole week was a bust as far as any sewing went. Sometimes life just gets in the way, plus had a funeral yesterday, and since it was in NJ it ended up being an all day affair between driving and the luncheon 94 yo BIL passed away, so it was great catching up with all the nieces and nephews, some from Texas, who i hadn't seen they were kids. So now maybe I can get back to sewing my own stuff after I get these quilts quilted for a friend. I have a stash buster all picked out that uses a layer cake, and sashing fabric. So that will be a good thing.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:06 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss of your BIL, grann, no matter his age...that's amazing tho to live to 94. Wowza..
Old 01-12-2020, 06:22 PM

Grann of 6: My sympathies on the loss of your BIL too.

I finished a quilt top that is 70” by 79.5”. It will be finished by my church group. I posted it in the UFO thread. Even though some of the blocks/fabric were found in a donation, I used some of my stash to finish it. Win-win situation.

Last year, I used around 66 yards which was down quite a bit from the previous year. I didn’t keep track of fabric purchases last year but I didn’t purchase much that went into stash.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

As long as we use more than we buy, that's the idea! IMHO
Old 01-12-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by tohkatz68 View Post
Finished one stash buster that was started last year from Jordan's Fabrics she calls "Five Star Quilt". I used a layer cake and some leftover charms, did have to buy fabric for inner border and binding, outer border is from HST's not used in main quilt.

Tried to post a photo but it failed twice and the size is less than 3MB.
I have admired the "Five Star Quilt" and have it bookmarked for future. Have plenty of layer cake options to choose from. Thanks for the reminder of this one on my "to do in the future" list.

Keep trying the pictures. I stumbled around and eventually figured it out for another thread.but not sure I can tell any one else how to do it.