2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-19-2020, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

That Owl quilt is so doggone cute. I love all the colors, and those Eyes. Quilts like that are so fun to work on. Great finish.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:39 PM

Thank you, Rob & ckcowl!
Old 06-20-2020, 11:14 AM

I need a yard and a half of barely pink fabric to start a baby quilt. Someone is having a girl, finally. Yay!!! I love baby boys, but I have been having a lot of great grandsons and I want to make a quilt for a girl. I'm afraid to go into the LQS. Too many pretties. The one out in the country has Moda Grunge, but I don't know if it comes pale enough. It helps if I know what I'm after. I also don't know if they are open, but I can call first. Wish me luck.

I also need 5 yards of backing for a patriotic quilt, but I can find something in clearance for that. I see a LQS trip for Monday - they both close early on Saturday.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:20 PM

Irishrose2: Wishing you luck in finding what you want.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:30 PM

Nothing finished to show off, but I did dive into my bin of blue and cut a "gajillion" 2.5" squares for a new mystery quilt. I have background, white on white, on hand and have made no decisions on the back because I don't know how big it will be.
Still working on my stash and making progress pairing it down this year.

Did you realize that we have used 5 months of our year of moratorium already! Yikes. Two quits waiting for binding, one waiting for sandwiching and quilting and three mystery quilts in progress, all from stash. Whoo-Hoo!

Happy Quilting, all.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:35 PM

Re; Turning Twenty, Again. Got the 18 x 22 pieces cut. Need to peruse them for variety, etc. This is more than 5 yrds used because no fabric was 44" wide. And the 1/2 yd pieces were not always 18" long. Post washing. Looking at the pattern, <18" long will probably be OK. But of the 20 origional fabrics, had to eliminate ~5. Cut more than 1 of several fabrics. Next step is more cutting for all the pieces. Then it's assembly line piecing.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:32 AM

I have been doing very well for the most part of the year. I had to only purchase a few smaller pieces for a class I will be taking after the pandemic concerns are better and our guild gets back in gear. I have been sewing up a storm since March and am now working on a King Size quilt. I have make a full size Drunkard's path an Apple Core quilt and tumbling blocks quilt all from my stash. There is one more that I am forgetting for the moment and will remember after I finish after I write this post. Oh! I found two more, The Ohio Star and a 9 patch made from batik fabrics, this one I only have the binding left to complete I have tops finished and and ready for sandwiching and quilting. First things first I need the finish putting the pieces together for the Drunkard's Path quilt done is an alternative pattern. I will post the latest pic of this one. It is changing by the day. I only have 2 more rows of the blocks to complete before I can then sew it all together. I am taking my time with this one.
Attached Thumbnails dunkards-path-circles-2.jpg  
Old 06-22-2020, 01:17 PM

juliasb- That's a neat version of Drunkard's path!

Rob
Old 06-22-2020, 02:29 PM

I'm not buying fabric, but I'm also not using any. My time is now spent on painting inside my new home & planting things in the yard. It's 0.61 acre, so I'm mowing too. I have to admit, I prefer to work on my house at the present time.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:53 PM

WMUTeach: Great job on cutting 2.5” squares.

petthefabric: I’m looking forward to seeing your Turning Twenty quilt.

Conchalea: I’m excited for you. Making your new house into your home is your priority now,

juliasb: You are making great progress.

I finished another top. The center of the quilt was from Pat Sloan’s May Challenge. I needed it bigger for my church quilting group so I added borders instead of more HSTs. 3.9 yards gone from my stash. It’s 69.5” by 80.5”. It may sit in a box for a long while since we can’t meet yet. The group will sandwich, finish, and donate.

Attached Thumbnails 9a106e00-809b-44d7-ac19-2d8fb4c2bad5.jpeg   ea34fd4d-9e3c-46e6-871b-4fb2a658c078.jpeg