2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-23-2020, 04:11 AM

Some really nice finishes using stash have been shown. I did do some FMQ on a butterfly pillow print last night. Now to find fabric for the back. I have the pillow form waiting, so all I need is the back. My dilemma-which piece from stash will look the best?
Old 06-23-2020, 06:44 AM

Thank you for the kind words on the drunkard's path. I finished another 5 blocks this morning already. I hope to get a few more make yet today. I am going really slow making this quilt. I have made one other Drunkard's path that I felt was "right". The curves have always challenged me. The recent purchase of my Accuquilt Go! made the difference on perfect cuts and notches for placement on the curves. Some say you don't need pins with this system but I am old school on that and need to pin things. Thank you again.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:43 AM

Beautiful finish, retiredteacher! I love that electric blue border.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:02 PM

Julie ... Love the DP! I'm old school, too, and still pin. I'm pretty fast at it now that I've made lots of blocks with curves over time....but I still take my time, too. Will be awesome when finished.

Connie....fantastic finish! Really vibrant and bright!

I'm working on attacking some precuts I've had awhile. Right now, I'm on a layer cake and just need to do borders. I believe I found the pattern I want to do for the gazillion 2 1-2" squares I have been cutting. I'll do leader/ender and get that going...
Old 06-23-2020, 03:44 PM

Turning 20, Again is moving along. Everything is cut. Blocks are about 1/2 assembled. Expect to finish that assembly today. Then laying them out. It'll be 64x80" and presently don't have a space that big. Hum.....
Old 06-23-2020, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Great quilts, folks! Thanks for sharing.
I accepted another bag of scraps Saturday...oh dear...They were the cut offs from a strip assemble quilt; a cream, a red, and 2 blues. I have 500+ of the cream and the same of the the other 3 altogether. I should be able to get 500 HST squares finishing at 2"..now what?
Old 06-23-2020, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the compliments. The electric blue fabric gives me fits because if I put it with the blues, it looks purple and by the purple, it looks blue. I was so happy to use more of it on this quilt top.

oksewglad: I’m chuckling that you got another bag of scraps. Since my church nor my baby charity have been open for 3 months, no bags of scraps have come my way. 👏.

The quilt top I’m working on now is using 6” squares that I brought home quite a few years ago to work on. Totally scrappy although I am using some white/cream squares with bold flowers on the rail fence part of the design. I was planning to get through all of the 6” squares by the end of the month but I had a ‘not interested in sewing’ spell. I hope I’m out of it now.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:28 AM

Pretty quilt top, Connie. Good job using that electric blue fabric in the border.

Rob
Old 06-26-2020, 10:24 AM

As some of you may know from other threads, I've been having a tough time mentally the last couple of weeks. Things are getting better, sometimes once you know and accept and than ask for help that's a big start. So yes, I'm back on track and making progress -- but I don't think so much fabric wise!

I've joined one of the round robin groups and will be using all stash for that. And then I'm going to finish up a Frolic UFO for a board member and for now at least, I'm just going to push my quilting/fabric use goals for 2020 into 2021.

I will still be oohing and aahing over the various projects everyone does and to help keep me away from retail therapy. Thanks always for the ideas and creative energy.

I have a couple of medium boxes left to finish up before sending along with my next round robin mailing, one for my crumb quilter, another with selvedges and such, and then I got connected with a good cause that could use that collection I've been eyeballing that I named "The 80s called and they want their fabrics back" -- that's going to be a large box stuffed full.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

I finished up 8 UFOs to the point of ready to quilt and am using all stash fabric for backing so I can get them quilted. I used 6 yards for one today and 5 for another. The next 2 I Quilt I will probably be using 6 yards each for their backs . Then the last 4 I have wide backs for on my shelves. It is so nice to see exactly what I have and be able to use it. Yesterday I used 4 yards of stash fabric making a couple sets of new pillow cases too.
im making dents but still have plenty
here is all I have left of regular cottons. I do have a large tote of all kids prints and a tote of flannel
the bottom shelf is all wide backs
ok, I don’t know why that loaded sideways- the shelf on the right is the bottom shelf.
Attached Thumbnails af957995-b7ce-4da7-9b0c-1f251e47e9d6.jpeg